Saturday, December 12, 2009

Quilting Fabric

So I started pressing some fabric for a quilt I'm working on for a Christmas Gift.. and I thought I had pulled it from the pile I had washed.. As I got through the pile, I started to realize.. wait this stuff hasn't been washed.  I was just over 3/4's of the way through it!  *sigh*  Have to wash it tomorrow morning, press and cut.
I thought about not washing it, but there is quite a bit of red and cream fabrics.  I'm afraid of the colours running...

Do you normally wash your fabric before using it?

A.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I don't always prewash, but I think in that case I would. If you are making a quilt, the recipients will definitely want to be able to stick it in the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alli! :) That's what I thought.. I figured with all the reds and creams mixed together, better safe then sorry!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.