Friday, February 11, 2011

Romance Week - Christian/Inspirational Romance - Interview w/ Karen Baney

Today we have author Karen Baney with us!

She is the author of "A Dream Unfolding" - first in her new Prescott Pioneer's Series.   I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing her novel last month.  She has a new book in the series coming out this coming spring called "A Heart Renewed".

About Karen:

Karen Baney, in addition to writing Christian historical fiction and chick lit novels, works as a Software Engineer.  Spending over twenty years as an avid fan of both genres, Karen debuts her talents with A Dream Unfolding, the first in a four book series set in territorial Arizona.
Her faith plays an important role both in her life and in her writing.  She is active in the women’s ministry at her church, facilitating numerous bible studies throughout the year.  Karen and her husband make their home in Gilbert, Arizona, with their two dogs.  She also holds a Masters of Business Administration from Arizona State University.

----------


A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers #1)1.  What gave you the idea for A Dream Unfolding and the Prescott Pioneers series?
There were two main things I knew that I wanted to do in the first book.  One was the rock-your-world climatic event in the middle of the book.  The second was that I wanted to set the series in Prescott.  From those two ideas, the book grew.  Sometimes it was shaped by the research, like the part of the story where Hannah and Drew travel to Arizona with the governor’s party.  Sometimes it was shaped by the characters themselves—like the scenes that demonstrated Will’s strong leadership.

I didn’t initially set out to write a series.  But after writing Will’s story and his interaction with his sister Julia, I wanted to write a story about her.  Then her interaction with her best friend Caroline, prompted me to write about Caroline in book three.  And in book three, Caroline meets a young woman named Millie who I’m just dying to write about in book four.  I love that the characters have become so real for me that I just keep finding more of their stories to tell.

2.  You have a new book in the series coming out this coming spring, can you tell us a bit about it?In “A Heart Renewed,” we finally get the answer to everyone’s burning question—what happens to Will’s sister, Julia?  There will be moments when you shake your head and say “That did not just happen!”  Then you’ll hope for things to turn out better in her life.  You’ll cry with her and rejoice with her.
We also get to see more of the romance between Will and his new wife.  They both settle into their new roles with a sweetness and playfulness that makes you smile.
 There’s also a surprise character that shows up.  Someone unexpected.  But I think you’ll love it.

3.  Do you believe that love can conquer anything - big or small?That’s a tough a question.  I believe that commitment (the less glamorous side of love) can conquer anything, big or small.  It’s what has made me a happily married woman for over ten years.

4.  What does Romance mean to you?Sigh.  Romance is that giddy feeling of attraction.  It’s exciting, obsessive, fresh.  It’s also those special moments that you share with just that right person where you feel treasured and important—no one matters as much as you do.

5.  Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?Yes, I believe some people fall in love at first sight.  My husband and I were that way.  We met on February 29, 2000 (yes Leap Day) and were married just a few months later.  There was just something about the connection we shared—spiritually and emotionally.  We both knew it was for life.

6.  What is your favourite part of Valentine's Day?  Do you have any special plans?What will he do this year?  That’s my favorite part.  I have no idea what Jim will think up for us.
This year, the weekend before, we’re doing something we’ve never done.  We’re attending a rodeo.  That’s right.  Two city slickers are going out to the west side of town and we’re gonna have a bon a fide real good cowboy adventure.
I think Jim might be planning a surprise for Valentine’s Day itself.  Other than giving me little teasers, he is being pretty tight lipped about it.

---------

Thank you again Karen for joining us for Romance Week!  I am looking foward to the release of your newest addition to the Prescott Pioneers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.