Saturday, February 12, 2011

Romance Week - YA Romance - Interview with Jackson Pearce

Chrystal and I were thrilled when Jackson agreed to do an interview with us for Romance Week.  We are both huge fans of her youtube videos!  She's hilarious.

Thank you so much Jackson for participating in Romance Week!


About Jackson:
Jackson Pearce is twenty-six years old and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in Philosophy. She auditioned for the circus once, but didn’t make it; other jobs she’s had include obituaries writer, biker bar waitress, and receptionist. In addition, Jackson coaches both colorguard and winterguard at a local high school.
Jackson began writing when she got angry that the school librarian couldn’t tell her of a book that contained a smart girl, horses, baby animals, and magic. Her solution was to write the book herself when she was twelve. Her parents thought it was cute at first, but have grown steadily more concerned for her ever since.
Jackson is the author of SISTERS RED, AS YOU WISH, and the upcoming SISTERS RED companion book, SWEETLY.

Sisters RedAs You WishSweetly

--------------------

Do you believe that love can conquer anything - big or small?
No-- I think love is only part of a bigger relationship equation. There's trust, commitment, and respect, for starters, and then a whole collection of more personal things like self esteem and self worth that go into the equation for a healthy, strong relationship that CAN conquer anything-- big or small.

What was your favourite part of writing the romance between Viola and Jinn in As You Wish?
I loved writing how their relationship developed from forced camaraderie to real love. It wasn't "love at first sight," which meant every interaction had to be a step on the path toward their romance.


Sisters Red is the story of two sisters with a strong bond who fight evil. Did you always intend for the story to have a romantic interest or did that develop during your writing process?
I always knew that part of Rosie's development would be romantic, but to me, the romance is a subplot, not the main story. The story, in my opinion, IS about a love triangle-- it's just a triangle that's only romantic on one side. On the Scarlett and Rosie side, it's familial, sisterly love. On Silas and Scarlett's side, it's the love between friends. But on Rosie and Silas's side, it's romance to the core!

Do you find writing romance scenes easy or hard? How so?
I don't know that they're necessarily easy OR hard-- they're just part of the process. Some romantic scenes are tougher than others, just like some non-romantic scenes are tougher than others.

Water for Elephants: A NovelWho are your favourite authors right now?
I just finished WATER FOR ELEPHANTS by Sara Gruen and LOVED it, so at the moment, she's my favorite! I usually don't read a lot of adult books, but this one totally sucked me in.


We love your youtube videos, what made you decide to start making them? They are very well done and you have a great personalitiy for such a fun and outgoing project.
I had some free time one night several years ago, so I made a video. At first I only did one every month or so, but now I've gotten a lot quicker. I really enjoy making them and the way they allow me to interact with readers and watchers!

(This is my favorite video!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am your newest follower from the friday blog hop. I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.