Sunday, April 17, 2011

IMM (15)


Weekly meme from The Story Siren. The idea is to post the books you got this week,whether you bought them, got them as a gift, from the library, or received them to review.

My sister in law Christine got me this book for my birthday - I can't wait to read it!  I've been eyeballing this book for a few weeks now, but I've been sticking to my guns and not buying any books!

Linda Davis’ local fabric shop is a place where women gather to share their creations: quilts commemorating important events in their lives. Wedding quilts, baby quilts, memorial quilts each is bound tight with dreams, hopes and yearnings.

Now, as her only child readies for college, Linda is torn between excitement for Molly, and heartache for herself. Who will she be when she is no longer needed in her role as mom? What will become of her days? Of her marriage?

Mother and daughter decide to share one last adventure together a cross-country road trip to move Molly into her dorm. As they wend their way through the heart of the country, Linda pieces together the scraps that make up Molly’s young life. And in the stitching of each bit of fabric the hem of a christening gown, a snippet from a Halloween costume Linda discovers that the memories of a shared journey can come together in a way that will keep them both warm in the years to come…

***************

A couple of weeks ago, I entered a @HQN contest on Twitter, and won!! WOOHOO!!
This book came in the mail for me this past week:


Divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancĂ© back at home is not likely to be sympathetic. 

Harper can't help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick's eyes, Harper's always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting -- just around the bend.


 

**************

And last but not least - I picked up this book at the used bookstore.  I had some store credit left, and I saw this one and just could resist!

The illegitimate daughter of a prince and a notorious courtesan, Lucia has been confined to schools and convents for most of her life. But that hasn't stopped her from causing one scandal after another. Exasperated, her royal father decides that his exquisite hellion of a daughter must be married immediately. And Sir Ian Moore, Britain's most proper diplomat, is the perfect man to choose her a groom.

Diplomacy, not matchmaker, is Ian's forte, but he vows to get Lucia married off as soon as possible so that he may return to his real duties. Yet, despite an abundance of very eager, worthwhile candidates, none is a match for Lucia's spirit and fire. And the more time Ian spends with the infuriating beauty, the more reluctant he is to marry her off. Could it be that he has already found Lucia the perfect husband...and it is Ian himself?

7 comments:

  1. YAY Ais for sticking to your NO BUYING BOOKS ban... I however have broken that rule probably a half dozen times already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM! My One and Only looks great!!!

    Love the blog as always!
    Amber @ Me, My Shelf and I:
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never enforce that rule upon myself. Books are like a magnet for me that I cannot resist. (Un)fortunately the budget plays an enforcer role, minimizing the collateral damage. :)

    The Goodbye Quilt looks to be an appealing read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Susan Wiggs has always been great! Hope you enjoy your books :)

    Here's my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these books have very eye catching covers! Oh and this Book Buying Ban is SMART. Honestly I am so very poor and until my to read pile gets smaller I shouldn't buy any! Happy reading hun! - C

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these books have very eye catching covers! The Goodbye Quilt sounds heartbreaking but lovely.

    Smart thinking on the Book Buying Ban! I am so poor and until my TBR pile shrinks I should purchase any!

    Happy reading hun!

    -C

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.