Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda



Title:  Devil's Kiss
Author:  Sarwat Chadda
Pages:  352
Genre:  YA, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Published:  July 2010
ISBN:  1423120221
Publisher:
  Hyperion
Source:  via Pam from Bookalicious for review

Synopsis:


As the youngest and only female member of the Knights Templar, Bilquis SanGreal grew up knowing she wasn't normal. Instead of hanging out at the mall or going on dates, she spends her time training as a soldier in her order's ancient battle against the Unholy. 

Billi's cloistered life is blasted apart when her childhood friend, Kay, returns from Jerusalem, gorgeous and with a dangerous chip on his shoulder. He's ready to reclaim his place in Billi's life, but she's met someone new: amber-eyed Michael, who seems to understand her like no one else, effortlessly claiming a stake in her heart.

But the Templars are called to duty before Billi can enjoy the pleasant new twist to her life. One of the order's ancient enemies has resurfaced, searching for a treasure that the Templars have protected for hundreds of years — a cursed mirror powerful enough to kill all of London's firstborn. To save her city from catastrophe, Billi will have to put her heart aside and make sacrifices greater than any of the Templars could have imagined.

I love history, and I love stories based on historical figures, myths and of course I love Templar legends!
So this book fit right into that category!!  This story took on more of a paranormal feel, but the way it was woven into the Templar's was amazing!

I don't normally read a lot of YA novels, although I have found a few that I've really enjoyed - and this is DEFINITELY one of those!!  I can't wait to get my hands on the second book in this series and find out what happens to Billi and Kay!  This story holds a lot of self-discovery for Billi - figuring out who she is and how she fits into the Templar's.

Nothing is quite what is seems, and no one is really who they say they are!  This story had a few great twists, and it kept me on my toes. A few of those twists I didn't see coming!!! I won't give you any spoilers - you need to check this book out for yourself!

This is a must read for anyone who loves Templar myths, Urban Fantasy, YA or paranormals.  I couldn't put this down!

Other books by Sarwat Chadda:


Dark Goddess (A Devil's Kiss Novel)
-~-

1 comment:

  1. I've read really great things about this book and I have it on my list. Thanks for pushing me to get it to the top!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.