Monday, June 6, 2011

Review: The Guardian by Margaret Mallory



Title:  The Guardian
Author:  Margaret Mallory
Genre:  Historical Romance, Scottish Romance
Pages:  416
Published:  May 2011
ISBN:  044657516X
Publisher:  Forever
Source:  Publisher via NetGalley

Synopsis:

Four young Highlanders - Connor, Ian, Alex and Duncan - hurry home from France after hearing news of the disastrous Battle of Flodden against Henry VIII's forces. With his father among the dead, Connor must take his place as chieftain. Before he can lead his clan through the perilous times ahead, however, he must first dislodge the usurper who has taken his family's castle and claimed leadership of the clan.

Connor's cousins and best friend, Ian, Alex and Duncan, will stand shoulder to shoulder with him in every fight. They are willing to give their lives for their clan and their new chieftain. But taking wives to serve the clan's interests is a different matter altogether...
 Oh. My. Goodness... What an incredible book!  I had this devoured! - I read until I couldn't read anymore and then got up at the crack of dawn and read it until I finished.

Like most women out there, I love Scottish historical romance novels.  The kilts, the sexy accents, the strong warrior type - and boy oh boy is this novel stacked right to the top with it!  Really how could you not love it!?

One of the things I loved about this book was the relationship between Ian and his best friends.  Despite all odds, they stuck by one another - even if their choices weren't the best ones!  Having been away from home way too long, they make the trek home to Scotland.  Before making it home, they manage to get themselves into quite the pickle!

Ian and Sileas don't have the ideal marriage - the groom disappeared not long after the marriage vows were spoken.  Leaving his young bride to fend for herself.  These two rekindle their friendship, and fall in love.  I loved the chemistry between these two characters, how they forge ahead despite the trouble thrown in their path!

I can't wait for the next book by Margaret Mallory - she's been added my to my auto-buy list!

-~-

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the amazing review!! I'm thrilled you love my latest book & even more thrilled to hear I'm out your auto-buy list now. :)

    Thanks,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.