Monday, July 4, 2011

Review: A Warrior's Witch by Stacey Kennedy




Title:
  A Warrior's Witch
Author:
  Stacey Kennedy
Genre:
Paranormal Romance, Erotica
Published:
  June 2011
ISBN: 
1463588402
Publisher:
  CreateSpace
Source:
  From Author for honest review

Synopsis:


Murder has brought Talon, Master of Guardians, as well as Zia, his witch and Master of Witches, to Chicago. The manner of death appears to be a suicide, but Talon is far from ready to close the case. To avenge the Guardian linked to his past, he agrees to take on the assignment, and find her killer.

As they dive deeper into the investigation, they find themselves entering a world where BDSM is the norm. A lifestyle that Zia is uncomfortable with and, rattled by this new development, she is more than ready to return to the Otherworld. But their investigation quickly takes an unexpected twist when they discover that they’re not only hunting a killer but also someone who is controlling supernaturals in Chicago.

Their mission not only brings danger, but also forces Talon to deal with decades old guilt that corrodes his soul. Every event that unfolds only deepens his fight and pushes him to face an ultimate choice—what is more important—his duty to the Otherworld or the witch he holds closest to his heart?


This novel contains Adult Content.

WOW!! This was my first venture into the world of BDSM.  I have to say I was a bit nervous when I first picked up this book to read it.  I was thoroughly impressed with this story, it was extremely well done, and it had me at page one right through to the final chapter.

This novella is a spin off of the Magical Sword series.  I haven't read these in AGES, and will have to re-read them now that I've been reminded how great these characters are!  I love the chemistry between Talon and Zia.  They are an incredible couple - so steamy, and I mean steamy!! I had to wipe the steam off my glasses while reading this book!!

This story was a mixture of many elements - paranormal, romance, mystery, erotica and action.  Talon and Zia are brought in to help with the death of a Otherworld Guardian - Whitlyn.  Part of Talon's past he is shocked by her lose, and how to explain it to their son Kyden.  



Also by Stacey Kennedy:


The Willow - The Magical Sword Book OneThe WickedThe Devil's Kiss
Stolen Dreams (The Lingering Spirit Book One)A Broken BondAn Everlasting Bite
First and Last - The Magical Sword Book Four'Til We Meet Again (Paranormal Erotic Novelette)Once Bitten, Forever Burned

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.