Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Day in the Life of.... Karen Baney!



Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!

A Day in the Life of..

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite authors!

This week we have Karen Baney!!  A fabulously talented historical christian romance author!

Karen Baney

Karen Baney, in addition to writing Christian historical fiction and chick lit novels, works as a Software Engineer.  Spending over twenty years as an avid fan of both genres, Karen debuts her talents with A Dream Unfolding, the first in a four book series set in territorial Arizona.


Her faith plays an important role both in her life and in her writing. She is active in the women’s ministry at her church, facilitating numerous bible studies throughout the year.  Karen and her husband make their home in Gilbert, Arizona, with their two dogs.


She also holds a Masters of Business Administration from Arizona State University.

A Day In the Life of This Indie Author

5:00 a.m. – smack the living daylights out of my annoying alarm clock.  I really hope I remembered to set the timer on the coffee pot last night.

5:15 a.m. – sit down with some sort of egg (I hate eggs, but the protein is good for my blood sugar, so eggs it is) and my Bible.  What is He going to challenge me with today?  Or is it a day for encouragement?

5:45 a.m. – get a shower.  Fix my hair.  Do my make-up.  And all that sort of stuff.

6:30 a.m. – head out the door for my other job.  Thinking about characters for my next book.  Hit with a great scene idea.  Got to write that one down.

7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Another day at work in my tiny little cube.  Start coding.  That’s right—I’m a computer geek by day.

4:00 p.m. – the day is done.  Head home.  Thinking of the plot for my next book as I drive with the AC and music cranked.  Ooooo!  Fantastic idea pops in my head.  I so have to do that!  The readers will not see it coming and it will drive them crazy until I reveal the truth eight chapters later.

5:00 p.m. – start dinner.  Check Facebook, Twitter, while making dinner.  I know it’s dangerous to cook and social network, but most of the time, dinner survives and so does my hubby.


6:00 p.m. – time, at last, to sit down and work on writing.  Maybe.  Some days, this means marketing my current book or my upcoming book.  Since Prescott Pioneers 3: A Life Restored is out to my editors, I keep plugging away at my first contemporary romance Nickels.  I’m having fun adding some humor and whit to this one.

9:00 p.m. – stifle a yawn.  I’m jazzed that I got a lot done tonight.  Wrote about 2000 – 3000 words.  I dream that one day I might be able to do this full time.  Then I think how much I would miss coding if I wasn’t doing it.  And I think – man, this is the life.  I have two really cool jobs and I like them both.  I just hope this will last.

9:30 p.m. – fall into bed, tired but satisfied with the day.

10:00 p.m. – my brain won’t shut off.  I’m visualizing a scene with my characters.  It’s great.  I’m tweaking it in my mind.  Maybe I should just get up (since hubby is snoring) and write the scene down.  No.  If I do that, I’ll never be able to get up tomorrow morning for work to start this all over again.


-~-

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.