Friday, September 23, 2011

Follow Friday & the Book Blogger Hop


 This weeks feature blog is:  Obsession with Books

Question:  Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? 
Tell us a bit about it and why you keep revisiting it?

I actually have two favorite series 1) the O'Malley Saga series by Bertrice Small  - I found this series about 15 years ago.  Bertrice was my first romance author - (when I was 13) and I fell in love with her writing style and had to pick up everything she ever wrote.  Skye O'Malley is one of my all time favorite characters!  I've read the series dozens of times and will I'm sure read them dozens more!

2) the Five Hundred Kingdom series by Mercedes Lackey is the other series that I've read many times over.  The first book in the series is called the Fairy Godmother.  I got this as a gift and was hooked ever since!  Book 6 in the series "Beauty and the Werewolf" comes out in October!!  


Book Blogger Hop

Question:  As a blog reader, what information (besides the book review) do you like to see in other bloggers’ reviews of books? (For example – Author bio, social media links, book synopsis from Amazon/Goodreads or one written by the blogger, page count, ISBN number, link to purchase, etc.)

I definitely like to see the book and author information along with the review, as well as the social media links for facebook, twitter etc.  Also purchase links are great - that way I can either add the book to my wishlist or buy it!  Also, I like to see maybe similar books to that one or other books by the same author.

7 comments:

  1. Great answer! I do not know of these series but it's always good to hear of new books! New follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of either of these series, I will have to look into them! New follower!

    My FF: Mom Reads My Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I've heard great things about Mercedes Lackey for years. Still haven't read anything by her. I should.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either of these series before but I've heard loads of great things about Mercedes Lackey and I keep meaning to try one of her books!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi-thanks for stopping by my blog-I am glad we are now mutual followers and I am looking forward to reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of these series. I will be checking them out!
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good idea, about having a similar books link in the review post. Now that I think about it, I have found that useful in the past. Here's my hop - http://thebusybibliophile.com/book-blogger-hop-92411/.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.