Monday, September 5, 2011

Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


Title:  Bloodlines
Author:  Richelle Mead
Genre:  Paranormal YA
Pages:  421
Published:  August 2011
Source:  via publisher for honest review & book tour

Synopsis:  via GoodReads


The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

I went into this story without any background on the author or the characters and having never read any of the Vampire Academy series...

I LOVED the story!  I have to say Sydney is probably one of my top five female characters.  She is strong, smart, funny, loyal, and above all one kick a$$ alchemist.  She takes no chances in protecting Jill - despite the fact that Jill doesn't always listen to what Sydney says.  She does manage to get into a little bit of trouble and Sydney as well!


This had some great twists and turns, with some unexpected surprises.  I'm going to have to pick up the Vampire Academy to find out more about Rose, Jill and Adrian.  They are all such amazing characters with obviously a rich back story.  I thought the budding relationships were great - building up to more I hope in the future books!  I'm not going to get into any detail - I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't had a chance to pick this book up yet!


I quite enjoyed Richelle Mead's style of writing and I will definitely be picking up not only her YA series - Vampire Academy I will be hunting down her Georgina Kincade series and her Dark Swan series!  I will be adding Ms. Mead to my auto-buy list!

Make sure to check out this out and her next book in the series the Golden Lily coming in 2012!


Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. 

The students—children of the wealthy and powerful—carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. 

But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.




For more information on Bloodlines and Richelle Mead check out my earlier post for the book tour!

4 comments:

  1. I am halfway through and loving it. I also have not read The Vampire Academy series, but it's going on my wishlist now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a fan of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy novels from the very beginning and when I heard about the spin-off series, they became another instant must-have for me! I LOVED Bloodlines... and I'm so excited for The Golden Lily! I'm glad to hear you've become a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read! Thanks for sharing. ;)


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I finished reading it for my review day and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.