Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Day in the Life of... Lilana Hart!!


Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!

A Day in the Life of..

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite authors!

-------------------------------------------- 


Liliana Hart spent five years teaching music in the public education system. She molded America’s youth, busted kids for smoking pot in the restrooms, and broke up illicit affairs behind the stage on a regular basis, so she finally decided to hang up her hat and let someone else have all the fun. (Liliana’s Addison Holmes Mystery Series, about a small town teacher who gets into a whole lot of trouble, is somewhat autobiographical, but she won’t confess to which parts).

Liliana began reading romance novels with all her new found free time, and when she ran out of things to read, she decided to write her own novels. The result was a 150,000 word thriller--a dazzling adventure--where the heroine was a thirty-year-old virgin assassin (Yes, you read that right). She couldn’t imagine why people weren’t knocking down her door to read it, but she persevered and began writing a second book. She finally got the hang of things, and eventually learned that losing one’s virginity wasn’t all that romantic after all. All of her books involve some kind of suspense (she just can't help herself), laughter, and a lot of steamy sex.

Since the failure of her first attempt, Liliana’s books have won awards such as: The Daphne Du Maurier, The Suzannah, The Linda Howard Award of Excellence, The Maggie, and many others. Her affiliations include Romance Writers of America and Mystery Writers of America. Liliana loves to cook, and is addicted to reading, Internet Boggle, kickboxing, and Bones. She lives in a big, rambling house in Texas with a couple of cats to keep her company. She loves to get emails from readers.


 


A DAY IN THE LIFE OF LILANA HART

6:00am- The sweet sounds of Justin Timberlake’s Sexy Back blares in my ear. I promptly hit snooze and go back to sleep for another 9 minutes.

6:09am- You don’t have to be beautiful…to turn me on. Round 2 of the alarm goes to Prince. I promptly hit snooze and go back to sleep for another 6 minutes.

6:15am- The theme to Psycho screeches next to my ear and scares the daylights out of me. I throw the covers back and race into the shower before any maniacs can catch me.

6:45am- Doesn’t everyone take 30 minute showers? Don’t judge me, I do my best thinking in the shower. I’ll sometimes take two a day when I’m on deadline. I realize I have to be at my kickboxing class in fifteen minutes, so I throw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, pull my hair back in a ponytail, and don’t realize until I’m walking out the door that the elastic in my underwear is shot and my socks don’t match.

7:10am- I’m ten minutes late to kickboxing, and my instructor rolls her eyes at me as I walk through the door because I’m always ten minutes late. I blame it on Justin Timberlake. And maybe the 30 minute shower.

7:25am- My instructor is kicking my butt to make up for the lost ten minutes. My underwear with the shot elastic is only held up by the crotch of my sweatpants. I’ve given up on dignity.

8:00am- Kickboxing is over and I don’t feel guilty at all about getting a grande Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks. Extra whipped cream. Extra caramel. I know I’ll work off the calories when I’m ten minutes late for yoga the next morning.

8:15am-  I stop by the grocery store, where I pick up a 12 pack of Coke Zero and pretzel M&M’s. I ask the girl behind the checkout counter how she would kill her boyfriend if he cheated on her. She tells me she’d chop off his body parts with a hatchet and shove them down his throat until he choked to death. The people behind me are properly horrified, but I file it away for future use. Book research comes from everywhere.

8:30am- I’m finally back home, where I change out of my sweats and put my pajamas back on. My feet are cold so I pull on a pair of gym socks, one of which has a hole in them. I sit at my desk and check my email, Twitter and Facebook.

9:30-  I’m still on Twitter, having a completely inappropriate conversation with some of my writing buddies about our love scenes and different slang for body parts. We’re very immature.

9:50am- I realize I haven’t written a word, and I start to panic because I have a deadline coming up in four days and I still have 25,000 words to write. I decide I need to get something to eat and another Caramel Apple Spice if I’m going to meet my deadline.

10:00am- I’m back at Starbucks, this time in my pajamas, and the lady at the window calls me by name. I head back home and crash with my laptop in my favorite chair, where I write five pages. I still have 23,000 words to write in the next four days. Not good. More panic ensues.

12:00pm­- I get back on Twitter and complain about how much writing I have left to do before my deadline. It makes me feel better to see that all my writer friends are also on Twitter, and therefore also procrastinating.

12:30pm- I get a little mopey and eat some trail mix, followed by a bag of pretzel M&M’s. I told you not to judge. My agent sends me an email about how she enjoys reading my tweets, but shouldn’t I be writing? I don’t answer the email, but I do eat more M&M’s.

1:00pm- My husband calls and asks if the writing is going well. I lie and say that I’m really getting a lot done and that I can’t talk long because he’s interrupting my creative energy.

5:00pm- I look up and realize I’ve written another 8 pages and that my husband will be home soon. I’m happy with the page count, but I have no idea what I’m going to cook for dinner. It’s now I realize the only thing I’ve had all day is two Caramel Apple Spices, a package of trail mix, and a bag of pretzel M&M’s.

5:30pm- I frantically dig through my closet for actual clothes so I’m ready to go out in public without scaring anyone. Just as I swipe on my lipstick, my husband walks through the door. He has just enough time to put down his briefcase before I confess I was too busy writing to make dinner. He doesn’t react. He’s used to me not making dinner.

6:00pm- We go to Black Eyed Pea because it’s loud and the voices will cover our conversation. My husband knows I talk about killing people and various sexual positions at the dinner table. He’s used to it. I tell him what’s going on with my characters like they’re real people, and he listens like he cares because he’s a good husband.

8:00pm- We get back home and I realize I’m absolutely exhausted. My brain is tired. I check Twitter and Facebook one more time.

10:00pm- I realize I’ve gotten sucked into the Sims online on Facebook, and I tell myself I have to get some rest. I shut down the computer and grab my Kindle. I reread the first book in the Sam Jellicoe series by Suzanne Enoch (because it’s awesome), and I get totally absorbed. I finish the book at midnight, and chastise myself for stating up so late because… ya know… I have to be up in the morning so I can be late for yoga. 

Coming soon from Lilana Hart:



Make sure to stop over to Lilana's website, she is giving away one of the new Kindle Fire's!!!  The giveaway is open for the entire month of November!

All you have to do to enter is email Lilana the first sentence of the last chapter in Whiskey Rebellion.

18 comments:

  1. Small town teacher? Linda Howard Award of Excellence? Suzanne Enoch fan? How have I not heard of Lilana Hart already? Thank you so much for introducing us.

    Oh, and for grabbing the HFJ button! Thanks for helping us spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gem — totally hilarious & absolutely fabulous! Thank you, Liliana & Aislynn. Long may you wave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun post. I might steal the "how could you kill a boyfriend if he cheated on you?" question for a future blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this was the most hilarious post. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. It so helped me to procrastinate getting started on my daily word count! Posted it to my FB page. Everyone should read this. Awesome. And so true.

    L. j. Charles

    PS Thankfully hubby is out of town so I don't have to explain that I didn't have time to make dinner...again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and entertaining post!! I love hearing about other writer's schedules, how they procrastinate and how much they get done. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was hilarious! Thanks for sharing! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who procrastinates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL! I wish my writing days were this exciting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liliana, you are a hoot! Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your life!
    Or maybe it's that you write about it so charmingly.
    Great post, Liliana.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kickboxing and 8 pages? Wow. I better get off the sofa right now. Patricia Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forget the kick boxing (I'd seriously hurt somebody if I tried - most likely myself). I wish I could procrastinate and still get 13 pages done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, people have no idea how glamorous author lives really are. *vbg*

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was too funny! Thanks for posting. I think I'm too exhausted to write any today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to know someone else has "strange" conversation at restaurants. We are at one restaurant so much that a couple of the waitresses have become my readers! You never know where you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to pretend this blog doesn't resonate at all. LOL. Fun post, Lilana!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.