Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Day in the Life of... Isalys (Book Soulmates)


Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!! 

A Day in the Life of..

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite bloggers!

----------

A Day in the Life of…Isalys
Photobucket

Isalys is half of the rockin' book blogging duo, Book ♥ Soulmates.  She, with the help of her BFF and co-blogger Vanessa, has been blogging since 2009.  She's always enjoyed reading, but it wasn't until Harry Potter came along that she really found her love of books!  That passion has grown even more since the founding of their blog. She loves dogs, rock music, smut, chocolate, Pixar movies, and is hopelessly addicted to lip gloss!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Greetings everyone!  I'm Isalys and if you can't pronounce my name, don't worry because most people don't have a clue either.  It used to annoy me as a kid but now it's actually kind of amusing.  I'm so flattered to be asked to guest appear on my homegirl Aislynn's blog today.  She asked me to tell you guys about my daily life but since I am under oath to never reveal my "super vixen secret identity", I'll tell you all about the other stuff.

Photobucket

Time to wake up, sort of!
The dreaded alarm clock starts to sing at 7AM but because I am SO not a morning person, I snooze it until I am forced to get out of bed at 7:30.  I turn on the t.v. and watch The History Channel or I Love Lucy while I go about my morning routine.  Meanwhile, my dog stays curled up in bed.  By the way, it's totally true that dogs take after their owners because mine is the four-legged, male version of me.


Time to hit the road!  Living in Miami pretty much means dealing with traffic at all times of the day so on average it takes me about 45-ish minutes to get to the office.

Side note:
I am a sales representative for hospitality manufacturers. In layman's terms that means that I sell furniture to interior designers and purchasers for hotels, restaurants, country clubs, etc.  Being in sales means that I spend some days on the road meeting with clients.  On those days I can usually sleep in a bit, stop by Starbucks for my Veggie Artisan {best sandwich ever} and sweetened black tea and then spend the day driving all over south Florida. I am a road warrior *muahahaha*

If it's an office day
, then I am a nine to fiver.  I spend my day doing officey type stuff while I listen to Pandora and *ahem* jump around blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.  I swear, I get actual work done too, scouts honor!  It's part of my ninja skill set that I haven't told you guys about.


My fave Pandora stations, because I'm sure you guys are just dying to know are: Skillex, Ellie Goulding, Manchester Orchestra, and Weekend Players (and a few others).
 

Depending on my plans for the day, I'll get home anywhere between 4:30 and 6:30 so we'll just jump ahead, shall we?

Dinner:
My husband is into Cross Fit so if he's working out in the evening, then I take care of dinner. I don't mind cooking and I'm pretty good at it; what I hate is meal planning!  However, if it's the hub's off-day, then he usually has dinner ready for me when I get home.  I love a man that can cook! We usually watch The Colbert Report or Pawn Stars while we eat.

After dinner
and clean-up, I usually get back on the computer to see what my tweeps are up to, check emails & update the RAK doc, prepare posts for the week, write a review and check Farmville (don't judge, lol).




Photobucket

Photobucket

Late night: Once I'm tired of being on the computer, I grab my book, my blanket & my dog and I curl up on my favorite blue couch to read until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

Photobucket

I spend most of my free time reading so I don't watch much TV, but if I do it's most likely History Channel or Big Bang Theory.  If I'm home on Friday night though, I'm glued to my favorite Ghost Adventures and Sundays are reserved for Downton Abbey.

Photobucket Photobucket

That man, in the middle, Zak Bagans…yeah, he’s crazy sexy!

Bed Time I'll go to bed anytime between 10:30 and midnight depending how tired I am and get ready to do it all again the next day!


There you have it folks, a day in the life of Book Soulmate Isalys!  Hope you enjoyed hanging out with me today and thanks again to Aislynn for letting me take you on a tour! XoXo

 http://www.booksoulmates.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Book-Soulmates/345037159431
Vanessa: @booksoulmates / Isalys: @isabooksoulmate

6 comments:

  1. Your computer space is so clean! Even if I cleaned mine up it would still look like a messy teenagers space and I'm 32!!! LOL

    Great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, my desk does NOT look that neat!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous that you get to sleep in that late. ;) I snooze as much as I can each morning, but my commute is only minutes.

    I love your office space... I wish I had an office in my place, but our tiny apartment barely fits what we have. LOL

    I wish I could spend time online during work hours, but they block most sites on us. :( Thank goodness for my cell phone. *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun... cute feature and it's good to see you Isa - cute pup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! Your computer desk is so clean!! Mine is a mess. Lol! Your dog is super cute btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was awesome sneaking a peak into your world Isa! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.