Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Day in the Life of.. Kati @ Romancing Rakes


Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!
A Day in the Life of..
This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite bloggers!

----------

Kati has been romancing rakes since 14 years old and realized at 16, Henry Cavill was her soulmate. He just doesn’t know it yet. She’s a fan of Taylor Swift and the Spice Girls. She is addicted to chocolate (you never know when you need some to recover from a dementor attack). She met Robert Pattinson on a cold, dark October night. She likes to make lists. She is married to a very smart and cute math grad student who has a penchant for video games which allows her to have a lot of time for reading and tweeting. She loves fairy tales, dashing dukes and credits her foray back into romance after a three year hiatus to Delilah Marvelle and Victoria Dahl.

 A Day in the Life of...

Hi everyone. My name is Kati and I’m the blogger behind Romancing Rakes(Yes, the one that had the half naked man as the header for quite some time. I’m trying to clean up my act so the header’s changed). My life isn’t as glamorous as the authors featured in “A Day In the Life of...” but I’ll try to dazzle you. Perhaps a song and dance routine? I am honored that Aislynn invited me to share my mundane day with you all. And since today is my birthday, I’m going to give one of you a stash of books from my personal library. I love surprises and well, the chosen books will be a surprise too.

So here it goes. My day goes something like this (I won’t include the time because it’s a bit Edward Cullen in the corner creepy that you know what specific times I do these things):

Wake up. Yup, that one’s self explanatory.

Have my first cup of tea. Not a big coffee drinker unless I’m hanging out at the Starbucks across the street.

Check email. Totally glamorous right? I read the important ones, skim through the advertisements/newsletter until something catches my eye.

Take hubs to school. For the life of me, the man can’t ride the city bus up the hill to school. He’s gotten frustrated with it due to the irregular pick up times and they’re doing construction up the hill so it eats up travel time. Now that we’re actually living in grad housing, I no longer have this problem. Score!

Have my second cup of tea. Usually Orange Spice.

Run/walk to the Children’s Pool and back. It’s my daily exercise. It’s about 4 miles round trip, partly uphill. Yuck! The view is gorgeous and plus, I get to see seals (the cute animal ones, not the brave, sexy manly ones. Those I get to see on the weekends when we go to Coronado. But I digress).

Take a shower. Uh, yeah.

Start writing blog posts or reviews. This usually takes quite a bit of time. I flip through the book so I remember the gist of it since I read multiple books at once and some stories start to mush and merge together since they have similar plot lines. (Don’t you hate that?) I like to get all the stuff for the blog scheduled a week or so before the actual date. When it comes to blog tours, the minute I get that email with all the details and interview answers/guest posts, bam! I start setting it up.

Do some housework. Okay, here in California, dust gets everywhere since we have our windows open all the time to let the cool air in. And living near the beach doesn’t really help because we track in sand. I have to do light dusting at least three times a week. We have dark furniture (big mistake) and you can see every freaking speck of dust.

Beach time. I take a two hour break to hang out at the beach, ogle the lifeguards, read a book (I bring paperbacks and get a few double takes when the passerby realizes that there’s a half naked man on the cover. Who can blame them?), have some lunch at one of the eateries (usually sushi) and then head home.

Find something to make for dinner. I like to put everything out that I need for making dinner early in the afternoon in case something needs to be thawed. Glamorous right?

Check email again and Tweeting. Actually, I’m constantly checking emails on my phone and tweeting. Yes. Lots and lots of tweeting.

More reading time. There’s so many books and Netgalley just suckers me in that sometimes I request too many and have to hunker down to just read, read, read. I like to walk to Starbucks, sit in the corner and giggle like a crazy person behind my computer screen. The baristas at my previous Starbucks got used to me but now I have to make nice with my new ones since we moved. *sigh*

Pick up hubs from school. Again, I won’t have this problem now since the bus runs on a every 15 minute cycle.

Check the mail. This is my favorite time of day. I love, love, love getting packages, especially one’s with books. Of course, I’ve gotten a few empty ones since I think my mailman may have a secret romance book stealing fetish.

Watch the nightly news and then favorite shows. Oh you know. Glee, Revenge, Ringer, Once Upon A Time, whatever reality TV is on.

Dinner Time!! Best part about this: I never have to wash the dishes. Hubs is my dish washer and I make the biggest messes ever. LOL. As in use every freaking pan available.

Well, that’s my life. I am not currently working so I’ve got to find something to do during the day and I think I’ve managed it quite well. I’ve been doing a lot of writing this past year and it’s been a wonderful outlet. I also have music constantly playing throughout the day. Usually Taylor Swift or Josh Groban and Charlotte Church.

So, here’s my question for you: What’s the most interesting or favorite thing about your day? Remember, I’m giving a lucky commenter some books from my stash. Yeah. From that giant bookshelf you see there.

--------------------------------------

Thank you SOO much Kati for stopping by and sharing your day with me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Giveaway will run until January 17th (midnight EST).  All you have to do to enter is answer Kati's question!! Don't forget to leave your email address so we can let you know if you win!

This giveaway is US only.

17 comments:

  1. I work second shift at my job. My husband works first and I work second so we don't have to pay a babysitter. We were spending about $200 a week on daycare and was bringing home about $150 after gas. Plus I was driving 1/2 hour everyday. I work front desk at a hotel and work wednesday through sunday. I have monday and tuesdays off. On those two days I get to pick up the kids from school. I love seeing the look on my sons face when I pick him up. He is so excited to see me. I drop them off everyday, but those two days at the beginning of the week are just the best.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    christinebails@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good day! Not too hectic, but not too boring either. Just what we all want, I think. And plenty of time to read/oogle gorgeous covers. :D That's what really matters, right?

    Favorite part of my day? Really, need you ask? The spare time (in between everything else) when I get to read.

    I don't have a job right now, and I'm currently taking a break from classes (health problems; hope I can get back soon!), so one would think I have nothing to do but read. HA. I have my grandfather, as well as my great-grandmother (91!) living with me, and, nice granddaughter that I am, I help to take care of them, as well as pretty much running the house (cleaning, cooking, washing, all that boring stuff). So when I've got a minute or two, I sit down and read (be it a print book or my NOOK). But before I can dive into the book too far, I'm up and doing something else again. Why does the washer always go off when I'm getting to the good parts?!?! Cursed thing! LOL.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    The_Book_Queen AT yahoo DOT com
    http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Aww. That's so great that you're spending time with your kids. Everyone where I live has kids that are always screaming on the playground. Sometimes it makes me want to have one but then we realize that it's not the right time. lol

    TBQ: haha. I know how it is. You're reading and then the timer goes off. Then you have to go get ALL the clothes out, fold them before they get wrinkly and that dang book is staring at you while you're doing all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kati, Wow, you really keep yourself busy during the day. I thought that I never stopped. I try to do lots some housework everyday, just so as it doesn't pile up. I also spend way too much time on Facebook. My kids are grown up and my hubby works away all week, so I do have lots of time to myself. My favorite time of day is when I go to bed. This is my time to relax and read my books. I normally read for about 3 hours before I drop off to sleep with a smile on my face.

    Happy Birthday to Romancing Rakes. I did put a pic on your wall to celebrate the day. lol

    dpd333 (at) aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, I forgot to mention that I'm a HUGE fan of Henry Cavill too. I always picture him in my mind as the hero of the current book that I'm reading. He's so yummy!!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Diane. Sometimes it's hard to keep busy since there's only so much to do at home but I'm glad I like near the beach and am 15 minutes away from most of the fun things to do.

      Delete
  5. My favorite time of the day is around 6:30 pm...that's when my husband get's home! Then we talk about what we want to have for dinner and dive into getting it done. It's nice to then sit down and talk with him about his day while enjoying the meal we prepared together.

    barbbattaglia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the half naked man header, though my husband would see it and just shake his head and ask what was I reading.

    Awww your very own dishwasher! Love it! Its almost like your birthday every day a little bit =)
    Usually my day is like yours, routine filled with music in the background (though I like Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Nickelback more). Though today was a twist, I got to clean up poop from the bathtub! Yes you heard me right (yuck). My twin boys were taking a bath, having fun when all of a sudden one gets the "look" on his face and there it was. And not solid mind you, so it was tricky to clean up. They are only one so I guess I can use this to embarrass them later in life right? If my husband would have had to do that he would have puked....ah such a glamorous life I lead.....where did I leave my book I was reading???

    Happy Birthday (again)! Fun post to read, thanks for sharing your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok too much poop on the brain,
      eyesofblueice (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete
    2. Haha Lexi. I think I'll be putting some half naked men on the header soon.

      Delete
  7. The fav thing about my day is when I can relax with a book in bed. That's usually at night when I'm done for the day; with work, a work out at the gym & a good dinner. My days are pretty much routine which is how I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite time of the day is probably when I am curled up in bed at the end of the day reading a good romance story. I always read for a while before going to sleep, it relaxes me.
    Happy Birthday!
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Birthday again Kati! The best parts of a regular day are: completing the tasks I set myself for the day (today's is finish putting all the Christmas stuff away), check email to see if I've won anything, check mail to see if I got a book, after getting chores done settle down to read a bit, come out of reading trance to make some dinner , watch a little TV (while doing any outstanding paperwork), go to bed & read some more.
    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Good luck on the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete