Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Day in the Life of... Kristi from The Story Siren @thestorysiren


Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!

A Day in the Life of..


This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite bloggers!


 -------------------

My name is Kristi, my online alias is Story Siren or The Story Siren. Contrary to popular belief I an NOT a Teen. I just like to act like it…. and still feel like it most of the time.

My day job: orthodontic technician. Braces are fun!

The Story Siren was founded in late 2007. I didn’t really know what “blogging” was, but as an avid reader I thought it would be a great way to keep track of the books I was reading and share what I thought with other people… which I assumed would probably only be my mom.

The Story Siren features mainly Young Adult literature. Reviews, interviews, giveaways, book news, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Every Sunday (I guess I should say ‘almost’) I host In My Mailbox.


A day in the life of me....

Is pretty darn boring. 
I had a vlog all planned out so you could follow me along on a typical week day, but of course all of the clips have this annoying high pitched squeal since I tried a new camera, so I’m just going to tell you about my day and you can visualize it! 
5:00 am
My alarm goes off. Actually that’s not true. This is the time my husband leaves for work so he gets me up before he leaves so I can work out. 
I am NOT a morning person. But I find that I have more energy during the day when I get up at the crack of dawn and do some cardio! I have to vary my workouts otherwise I get bored very fast and won’t do it. So, I do a mixture of running, elliptical, Dance Central, My Fitness and a few of the work outs from P90X. I work out for about an hour and then I get ready for work. 
6:45-7:30 am
I work for an Orthodontist. It’s a family practice, so there are multiple doctors. A father, who recently retired, and his two sons. I don’t have one place that I work. I work at four different offices, previously five offices. (We closed one in December.) Depending on where I’m working that day I leave my house sometime between these times. I have anywhere from an hour and twenty-five minute drive, which is the farthest office, to a ten minute drive, the closest office. 
8:00-5:00
The work day. 
What exactly do I do all day? I work on patients. I get to put on braces, change wires, take x-rays and photographs, and all sorts of goodies. 
I have an hour for lunch, which gives me some reading time and time for a quick email check. 

5:20-6:30 pm
Depending on where I work I get home during these times. 
Sometimes on Mondays and Wednesdays I’ll go for a run after work. 
When I get in the door Xander is always there wiggling his butt and wanting to be greeted. There is nothing quite like the unconditional love of a dog. It doesn’t matter how long I’m gone he’s always super excited when I come back! 
J and I usually cook supper together, which is nice when wind down from the work day. Occasionally he’ll have supper ready when I get home, those are usually the days when I don’t get home until late. 
After supper I try to get some reading time in, some blog time in, writing time and time with my boys. And by boys I mean J and Xander. I don’t have any children. 

10:00 pm
It’s time for bed. 
5:00 am
Repeat!
And there you have it. A typical day in the life of The Story Siren. It’s about as non-glamourous as you can get. But it’s my life and I love it!



Where to find Kristi:  Blog - YouTube - Twitter - Facebook

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you get up and work out - I think about it then hit the snooze!!!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. In bed by 10? I'm impressed. A completel night owl here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sometimes work out twice in the same day?! *bows down* On a side note, I'm pretty sure I just fell in love with your bookshelves. *sigh*

    I'm happy I discovered Aislynn's blog (thanks Booksoulmates) because I got the opportunity to discover yours.

    Super awesome video by the way.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.