Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

 Top Ten Authors I Wish Could/Would Write Another Book
1.  Anne McCaffrey - I love her Pern series and the Tower Series!!

 2.  Clive Cussler - I LOVE the Dirk Pitt series!! So great a great combination of history, mystery and action!


3.  L. M. Montgomery - As a kid, I re-read Anne of Green Gables so many times that my copy finally fell apart!  Will always be one of my favorites!


4.  Louisa May Alcott - Another one of those authors that I read over and over again as a kid.  I still have these books tucked away on my bookcase!


5.  Emma Raveling - A new author, her debut Whirl came out in 2011 and it blew me away!  Can't wait for the second book Billow to come out.


6.  Ashley March - A fabulous historical romance author.  She recently switched over to writing as Elise Rome and will have a new series coming out!


 7.  Michael Scott - author of the FANTASTIC series "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel" - a YA series.  Combination of myth, action and adventure - so amazing.


8.  Jane Austen - I'm pretty sure this will be on a lot of people's lists!!  We read several of Jane's novels in school and they've always been a favorite.



9.  Bertrice Small - one of my all time favorite historical romance authors!  I own every single one of her books.  She always has such amazing stories and gorgeous book covers!


10.  Andy McDermott - his Nina & Eddie series is hilarious and so much fun!  Jam packed with adventure, history and lots of explosions.



and an extra because I just couldn't leave him out!

11.  Terry Goodkind - one of the best fantasy/sci fi series I've ever read is the Sword of Truth series.



Who is on your list??

5 comments:

  1. Louisa May Alcott would be awesome if she could write another one as good as Little Women! I've read her other books as well, but they just weren't ever as good to me somehow. Montgomery for sure, I love the Anne series too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Austen is a popular one that is for sure. I never did read the rest of the Goodkind series, I think I only read the 1st book.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom read several of Louisa May Alcott's books out loud to us. I need to get my own copies and re-read them. It's been years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...Ashley March would be on my list but I'm very excited about her foray as Elise Rome. I've never read Terry Goodkind but I enjoyed Legend of the Seeker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to Elise's books as well :) Terry's an amazing writer - I own all but the newest in the series. The books are 10 times better then the TV series, they mixed and matched several of the books into 2 seasons and a lot of the events are out of order or didn't happen in the book series.

      Delete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.