Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: Enchanted Again by Robin D. Owens

Title:  Enchanted Again
Author:  Robin D. Owens
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Pages:  384
Published:  December 2011
Publisher:  Luna
Source:  NetGalley
Where to buy:  Amazon

Synopsis:

Magic has a price—and for Amber Sarga it's days and years off her life. Each curse she breaks ages her—and the bigger the curse the bigger the cost, and not only to her. That's why she hides away and has vowed not to get involved again… That's why she hates looking in a mirror…

And then an ill-fated stranger arrives. Rafe Davail doesn't believe in curses—not even knowing that in his family every first son dies young. Amber offers guidance but she won't break the curse. Still, as she grows closer to Rafe and discovers the secrets of their pasts, she wonders if for this time, this man, she should risk it all….
When two strangers stop by Amber's home, she is instantly taken aback by the curses attached to the two men.  A skilled genealogist, she digs into the past to find where the curse originates and helps to break it without using her magic - which ages her.

Rafe and Gabe are both in trouble.  Gabe has just lost his family to a long standing curse, and he's bound and bent to break it and regain his son and his wife.  Rafe's curse is deadly - and it's slowly closing in around him.  His deadline is his birthday only a short time away.  With the help of Amber, these two hope she can break their curses.

I LOVED this book, it not only was about a genealogist (*squee* - I'm a huge family history buff) it's a paranormal!  Such an awesome combination that had me GLUED to the book for hours and couldn't put it down.  I adored Amber - she was spunky, funny, talented and kept Rafe on his toes.  And of course the adorable puppies!

I am definitely going to pick up the first book in this series - Jenni Weaver's story (Amber's next door neighbour) and find out more about some of the characters from this book.  I also can't wait to see what Robin comes up with next - and hopefully we get to find out what happens to Gabe!

Also by Robin D. Owens:

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much! I didn't even have to peek at the review sideways with one eye closed in case it hurt!

    And you did a fantastic synopsis job.

    Thanks again,
    Robin (who should, even now, be writing Enchanted Ever After)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as well!! I really enjoyed the book and can't wait for the next one!! *runs off to add it to her wishlist*

      Delete
  2. I love the cover and it sounds like a great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is a really pretty cover, i hadn't seen this before. glad to hear its great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great and the cover is so cute :) I am glad that you liked it, I think I'll give it a chance too as soon as I can ;)

    Happy midnight reading!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.