Thursday, April 5, 2012

Guest Post: Chrystal’s Garlic Lime Chicken

ChrystalBioPic


My name is Chrystal and I am a bookaholic, a wannabe photographer, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a notorious list maker, a DIY gal, a jeopardy fanatic, a kitty mommy, a proud Canadian, a crafter, and a dreamer.

BlogTwitterFacebook

 

IMG108
I recently found these amazing Spice & Recipe Cards by Club House in the seasoning/spice section of the grocery store. There are so many great options, but so far my favourite is the Garlic Lime Chicken  Fajitas. The funny thing is that last two times I have made it, I didn't make fajitas. I actually made up the marinade and put chicken thighs in it to soak up the juices. Then I put them into the oven to bake – they turn out much juicier and very flavourful compared to the fajitas.

So here is how you make it, you can either pick up the little pre-measured spice pack or follow these directions for the way I make it.

1 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Garlic

1 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Onion

3/4 tsp. Ground Cumin

3/4 tsp. Oregano Leaves

1/2 tsp. Cilantro Leaves

1/2 tsp. Coarse Ground Pepper

3 tbsp. Lime Juice

1 tbsp. Orange Juice

1 tbsp. Honey

2 tbsp. Olive Oil

1/2 tsp. Salt

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 bone in, skinless chicken thighs (whichever you like)

I use a large resealable bag and toss in all the ingredients with the chicken. I seal the zip top and then shake it around until the chicken is coated. I leave the chicken inside the bag for about 20-30 minutes in the fridge.

Then using parchment paper to cover a baking sheet, I add the chicken thighs and cook them in the oven at 425 for about 30-40 mins (depending if you use bone in chicken or not).

I love serving this with boiled mini new potatoes and veggies. The flavour of the chicken is such an interesting combination of sweet and sour with little bit of tang.

IMG107

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've seen those spice cards at the grocery store, I'll have to try one of them out!

      Delete
  2. I like seasoned chicken and always see Club House spices. I'll be sure to look for this specific packet though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.