Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: Always the Designer, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

Title:  Always the Designer, Never the Bride
Author:  Sandra D. Bricker
Genre:  Christian Romance, Contemporary
Pages:  304
Published:  April 2012
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
Source:  NetGalley
Where to buy: 
Amazon

Synopsis:

It's taken Audrey Regan years to establish herself as a wedding dress designer, and to date she's been roped into creating dresses for nine of her girlfriends. Request #10 follows her vow to Just say no and comes from her very best friend. She can hardly turn Carly down Audrey arrives in Atlanta early to perform all of her maid-of-honour duties along with final fittings for a one-of-a-kind dress. But Carly's wedding is nothing short of an event, complete with Prince Charming, and the festivities make Audrey question whether there's a prince of her own anywhere in her future. Enter the groom's brother and best man. Shaggy-haired, tattooed bad boy J.R. Hunt couldn’t be any more different from Prince Charming if he rode in on a Harley Davidson. Oh, wait. He actually did ride in on a Harley.

Another fabulous book to add to the “Always…” series by Sandra Bricker.  This series revolves around a small resort in Georgia, and in this book Audrey, an extremely talented wedding dress designer who has come to help out a friend Carly with her big day.  With a big client on the line, she tries to manage not only her friends wedding dress and details but has to try and impress the picky, demanding client she really wants to land.

One of the things I really enjoy about this series is all the friendships.  I’ve always been a fan of the stories that intertwine between books, but that aren’t something you “HAVE” to read in order.  Myself, I’ve read book 2, but not book 1 – but I don’t feel confused, or lost – which is ALWAYS a bonus!  We get to see Emma again, and Sherilyn!  Who I both adore.  We also get to see J. R. again – who made an appearance in “Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride.

Audrey and JR definitely fight their feelings for one another.  They have some pretty major hurdles to overcome to get their happy ending – and they aren’t the only ones that get one in this story either!!  If you are looking for a sweet, clean romance that pulls you in and keeps you hooked right up until the end.  If you want something fun, and different – then this is the book (& series) for you!

Will I recommend this book?  Most definitely!  Will I read more by this author?  Oh yes, I can’t wait to get my hands on more by Sandra.  She’s easily been added to my auto-buy list and one to look for on NetGalley!

Also by Sandra:

2 comments:

  1. This one does sound good. I haven`t read book one, but I have read book two and loved it. It`s great when a series doesn`t have to be read in order... I`m gonna have to pick up book one and three from my library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Always the Baker book! I really do need pick up the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.