Sunday, April 15, 2012

Review: One Hot Cowboy Wedding by Carolyn Brown


Title: One Hot Cowboy Wedding
Author:  Carolyn Brown
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Pages:  384
Published:  April 2012
Publisher:  Sourcebooks
Source:  NetGalley
Where to buy:  Amazon ~ Book Depository

Synopsis:
The will said Ace would keep the ranch if he had a wife and stayed married for a year. Jasmine was just helping him out until Ace's kisses left her longing for a true cowboy husband. It was supposed to be a secret wedding followed by a quiet divorce. But when they won a contest in the little wedding chapel, the secret marriage is exposed to the national media and all hell breaks lose...
When Ace’s grandfather passed away, he put in a small (but rather large) request in his will – that Ace get married and stay married for a year or the rand Double Deuce goes to his obnoxious cousin Cole who would rather sell it to the highest bidder then let Ace have it.

Ace confides in his best friend Jasmine all his woes over a hamburger as her diner “Chicken Fried” – she comes up with a solution to all his problems – that they get married!  They could keep it a secret; only the lawyer and Cole need to know right?  NOT!

Nothing seems to be going right, first their wedding is announced on national TV; as the chapel Ace picked was having a contest.  The phone doesn’t stop ringing – family members, friends, ex-girlfriends…. Everyone is completely stunned!  Can they keep up appearances for a year?  Can they live in the same house and keep their hands off one another?  Or will they burn the house or barn down with all the sexual energy they’ve got going on?

I loved both Ace and Jasmine from the previous books in this series, and I’m so glad they ended up together!  Jasmine is Pearl’s best friend, who we meet in book #2 “Red’s Hot Cowboy”.  I really liked that all the characters are back in this book – Austin, Rye, Pearl, Wil, Liz, Raylen, Gemma, Lucy and all the other family members!

Both Ace and Jasmine have some issues to work through before they get their Happily Ever After.  Ace has to finally admit he’s ready to settle down and give up his sowing his wild oats.  Jasmine has to step up and deal with her “mother” issues.. can they work it out and admit to one another that something is happening between them?
 
Will I recommend this to anyone?  Yup, I already have been!   Who doesn’t love a sexy cowboy story!  Will I pick up more by this author?  Of course!! I’ve been hooked on this series since I picked up “Love Drunk Cowboy” last summer and fell in love with the whole gang.  I can’t wait for October to roll around and the newest to come out!

Also by Carolyn:


Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide  Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide  Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

7 comments:

  1. I do love me some cowboys... so I think I need to read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots, you can borrow them anytime ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love Carolyn's fun sense of humor! I picked this one up too and can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can't wait for the rest of the books to come out and see who hooks up with who!

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to read this series! Sounds like tons of fun. I have book two (bought it when it was on an e-book sale a month ago), but I'll wait until I can start the series from the beginning. :)

    Great review, thanks for sharing!

    Enjoy,
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the first one when it was free on the Kobo or Amazon sites (can't remember which) and was hooked LOL.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this awesome review...and for the great comments! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.