Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Sew Iconic by Liz Gregory

Title:  Sew Iconic
Author:  Liz Gregory
Genre:  Sewing, Crafts, DIY
Pages:  144
Published:  June 2012
Publisher:  Thunder Bay Press
Source:  NetGalley
Where to buy:  Amazon

Synopsis:

So glamorous . . . so stunning . . . so iconic!

From Marilyn Monroe's billowy white halter in The Seven Year Itch to Audrey Hepburn's effortlessly chic black number in Breakfast at Tiffany's, the silver screen's stunning dresses have always left stylish women enchanted. But no matter how many trips they've taken to the mall or even to designer boutiques, it's still always been nearly impossible to find those dream dresses. But now, with Sew Iconic, they can finally have the show-stopping outfits they've always wanted!

I’m always a fan of a great pattern book, and this didn’t disappoint.  As I flipped through the pages I instantly recognized so many iconic (as the title states) outfits.  A great many of them were added to my list of future projects.  This book boasts patterns for Marilyn’s well known white dress, the polka dot dress from Pretty Woman, Audrey’s classic black dress, and Baby’s fantastic dress from Dirty Dancing.

With great photos, and easy to read instructions this book is a great addition to anyone’s bookcase.  One of the things I loved about this book is how easy to read everything was.  It’s something that extremely important when it comes to patterns!  I’m more inclined to make something that’s easy to follow!

Will I recommend this book?  For anyone who sews, this is definitely something you should check out.  Especially if you love some of the dresses I mentioned earlier!  Will I read more by this author?  Yes, especially if it’s as easy to follow as this book was!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really cool!! Thank you for the review, i hadn't seen this one yet.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.