Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Snap The World Unfolds by Michele Drier

Title:  Snap The World Unfolds
Author:  Michele Drier
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance
Published:  July 2011
Publisher:  Michele Drier
Source:  Author
Where to buy:  Amazon

Synopsis:

SNAP, a multinational celeb TV show and magazine, is the holy grail for Maxie Gwenoch. When she snags the job as managing editor, she's looking for fame, fortune and Jimmy Choos. What she finds is a media empire owned by Baron Kandesky and his family. A family of vampires. They're European, urbane, wealthy and mesmerizing. And when she meets Jean-Louis, vampire and co-worker, she's a goner.

The Kandesky vampire family rose in Hungary centuries ago. They gave up violence and killing to make a killing on the world's commodities markets and with that beginning they built SNAP, an international celebrity multimedia empire. Now cultured...and having found food substitutes for killing...they’ve cornered the world market for celebrity and gossip journalism.

They haven't fully left the past behind. Their Hungarian neighbors and rival vampire clan, the Huszars are starting to ramp up attacks, maybe looking to start a war to take over all the Kandeskys have built.

Maxie believes she's found her ultimate career. She doesn't realize that she's found a family feud like none other, a centuries-old rivalry between vampire families, with her as the linchpin. Bells ring with Jean-Louis, but she doesn’t realize they’re alarm sirens until she learns that Jean-Louis is second in command of the Kandeskys...but by then it's too late.

Maxie is one of the top in her field, she’s highly sought after and paid well for what she does.  When SNAP offered her the job of her dreams it took less than a millisecond for her to say yes – and with no regrets!   With a gorgeous condo, car service and every perk you can imagine Maxie is loving her job.

What Maxie doesn’t know, is who she actually works with and for.  When she’s attacked by a rival family, she’s finally told the truth and it scares the begeebers out of her!  With a building attraction and feelings for Jean-Louis, she has to come to terms with everything and keep safe as a war unfolds around her.

I wish I hadn’t waited so long to read this book, because it was absolutely amazing.  I started this book and was completely drawn into Maxie’s world and the vampire world she’s walked into.  The history of the Kaneskys and the Huszars, the depth of the characters and their interaction was fabulous.  I don’t want to give away too much about the story, because it has some great twists and turns!

Would I recommend this book?  Ah most definitely, I think any vampire story lover should go right over to Amazon and buy this book right now.  This story had me hooked from page one until the very end and I can’t wait to find out what happens with Maxie next.  Will I read more by this author?  You betcha, trust me I have the next book already queued up on my list and waiting to be bought!

Also by Michele:

1 comment:

  1. I've read Michele Drier's "SNAP" book and this review is a great description!! Only thing I'd say differently is that readers don't need to be a fan of the vampire genre to love her books! I typically don't read vampire novels but I picked this one up and couldn't put it down! I've now read both in the series and can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.