Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review: Thoroughly Kissed by Kristine Grayson

Title:  Thoroughly Kissed
Author:  Kristine Grayson
Genre:  Paranormal, Romance, Fairy Tale
Pages:  384
Published:  Originally 2001, Reprint June 2012
Publisher:  Sourcebooks
Source:  NetGalley
Where to buy:  Amazon

Synopsis:

Kristine Grayson's bestselling fairy tale romances bring the classic stories into the present day, where fairy tale characters must grapple with the complexities of modern life as well as their own destinies.

Emma (Sleeping Beauty) fell into a magical coma that lasted for a thousand years when a boy she didn't even liked kissed her. Now that Emma's awake, she's determined to be a normal girl...a normal girl who is deathly afraid of kissing.

When she meets history professor Michael Found, Emma has to choose between her fear of kissing and her potential Prince Charming.

Emma is a well known author, professor and historian.  An expert in the dark ages, she’s known around the world.  Little does anyone know – she’s an expert because she was born in the dark ages!  After being kissed by the man she thought she loved, she’s put into a deep sleep for a thousand years.  With the help of the man who put her in the deep sleep, she learns to fit into this new century.

I was first introduced to Kristine’s books a little over a year ago.  I was gifted her book Wickedly Charming by a fellow blogger and instantly fell in love with her style of writing and the characters.  When I saw this book pop up on NetGalley there was no question as to whether I was hitting that request button or not – and I wasn’t disappointed!

Our heroine Emma, wants nothing more then to be normal and fit in.  When her ‘talent’ starts to emerge she’s completely thrown into the realm of magic.  A place she had hoped she would never have to deal with.  Unable to control her powers, she’s put into some situations that had me giggling as I read.  Drop dead gorgeous Michael Found, also (her boss) gets caught up in Emma’s world – they have amazing chemistry that leaps off the page – although both of them try and fight it!

Will I recommend this to anyone?  Yes!  For someone who loves fairy tale retellings this is definitely a book you should pick up.  This revamped version of Sleeping Beauty had me hooked from page one until the last sentence.  Would I recommend this author?  Of course!  I know I will be picked up several more books – including Utterly Charming!

Also by Kristine:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.