Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (31)


Teaser Tuesdays
is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 

“Then shall we trade places?  Perhaps I could make a better husband,” she said brightly.  “Wife,”  she commanded, thrusting her finger in his face, “help me off with my boots.”

He caught his startled laughter midbreath.

“Your parents should have sewn your lips together at birth.”


~ page 125 – Upon A Wicked Time by Karen Ranney

 

 

About the book:

Tessa Astley is everything a duke should want in a wife.  A breathtaking beauty with a reputation that is positively above reproach, she desires nothing more than the love of her husband, the man she’s long pined for.

Only Jered Mandeville doesn’t want a soul-mate, just a proper duchess hidden away on his country estate to beget heirs.  He certainly doesn’t see a place for his sheltered bride in his decadent life in London.

Tessa won’t let her fairy tale slip through her fingers.  She’d do anything to win Jered’s heart.  So Tessa starts a campaign to win her husband’s heart by invading his home, his reckless adventures, and his bed – all to prove to the cynical duke that even a happy ending can be delightfully wicked…

4 comments:

  1. What a cute teaser! I will just have to try this one out, thanks for sharing :)

    Here's mine: http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday-july-3-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWA HA HA HA HA!! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to say something like that to my husband!! Great teaser :)

    Stop by and see my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds so fun! I shall have to read it (I have a weakness for Regency romances, anyway). Great teaser!

    If you’d like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha that is a great teaser! Hope you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.