Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Day in the Life of… The Bookish Brunette aka The Zombie Queen

 

Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!

A Day in the Life of.....

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite authors BLOGGERS!

--------------------

Hey everyone! I'm Ashley from the Bookish Brunette... Being summertime, my schedule is a TAD different than it is September - May... But since I'm an "in the moment" type chick, we'll go with my summer day to day activities!

This is what I look like before coffee. Seriously.

8 AM


(could be 9 or 10 AM depending on how late I was up the night before... But for the sake of routine- let's go with 8!)
Wake up. Reluctantly... Not everyone knows this about me- but I am a chronic sleeper. No joke, I hit the bed and I am OUT and it takes a Mac truck to get me out of bed if I'm not ready. Trudge downstairs to my children who are surely causing havoc of some kind or another (they are MINE you know...)Pray no one speaks to me until I've been properly caffeinated by coffee and promptly sedated by nicotiene. I know right? *gasp*


10 AM


Read or play outside with the girls, as long as its not 118 degrees outside... Check my email... Close my email almost immediately bc it looks worse than Valley Forge on D-Day. Tweet...


11 AM


Clean... Attempt to control the neverending PILES of laundry in the laundry room.


Noon


Make lunch for the girls... STILL CLEANING...

2pm


Usually I finish cleaning by now depending on how many times I've been interrupted or stopped to tweet, text flirty msgs to my husband while he's at work *evil grin*, check my blog, open and close my email or deal with any little tiffs the girls get into.


2-4pm


Depending on the day, I either take the girls to the pool or work on blog stuff... From typography to posts to setting up blog tours

4 PM


I'm now waiting on hubby to get home... Because I LOOOOVE him! ;) yes, we're THAT couple.

5 PM


We're eating whatever hubby stopped to get on the way home! (I don't cook... It's safer for everyone that way.)


6-10 PM


Read, blog, design... Open & close email some more... Bathe my kids, hang out with hubby.


10-2 AM


QUIET time, because I'm the only one awake. ;) I suppose my life is fairly boring. Maybe I should've made something up to make it all super exciting? Too late. This is a day in the life of a Zombie Queen, Bookish Brunette, Trophy Wife, Mom... Don't be TOO terribly jealous now! ;)

12 comments:

  1. I love this chick!! She's ballsy and crass and makes no apologies for it. She's also a great friend, crazy funny and SUPER talented :)

    Great choice for your Day in the Life feature!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No thank you for saying yes to being part of my special series!!

      Delete
  3. Aw Ashley, your girls are adorable! And you are so the OPPOSITE of boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore you!!! ♥ That picture of the girls is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! And how irritated am I that NIETHER of them bare any resemblance to me whatsoever! Lol

      Delete
  5. I love that you feaured Ashley! God that chick rocks. ;)

    Great post! And Ash your girls are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously need to learn to spell check my comments. *featured*

      Delete
    2. Lol!!!! Dude, autocorrect on my phone, KILLS ME!

      And thank you!! :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome post! I love your day! My day is kind of the same, but I don't have kids ... do the dogs count? They make me do countless loads of laundry, especially in the winter.

    I must get your stamina to stay up at night and get reading things done ... and blog stuff!

    Love all the pictures! Oh, and I get your woes about the morning ... I am NOT a morning person and my hubs is the COMPLETE opposite. He's singing away and I'm ready to sic a zombie on him. Seriously.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.