Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: The Reverend’s Wife by Kimberla Lawson Roby

Title:  The Reverend’s Wife
Author:  Kimberla Lawson Roby
Genre:  Contemporary
Pages:  336
Published:  May 2012
Publisher:  Grand Central Publishing
Source:  NetGalley
Buy Links:  Amazon, Kobo, Book Depository

Synopsis:

From New York Times bestselling author Kimberla Lawson Roby comes the ninth instalment in her award-winning Reverend Curtis Black series.

It's been months since Reverend Curtis learned that his wife Charlotte had affairs with two different men, and for now, he continues to be cordial and respectful to her. But he's also made it clear that once their son Matthew graduates high school, he will be filing for divorce. Charlotte, on the other hand, continues to do everything possible to make amends in hopes of saving their marriage.

Unfortunately, Curtis is ready to move on and is being propositioned by a woman who desperately wants to become the next Mrs. Curtis Black. When the situation heads down a path that is frighteningly shocking, could it be the final blow to this once blessed union?

Rev. Curtis and his wife Charlotte’s marriage is on very shaky ground.  At the end of the last book, Curtis found out that Charlotte had been unfaithful, with not one, but two men.  He has decided that it’s time to end his marriage – again.

Now, first off.   I did not enjoy this story.  It was one of those books much like a train or car wreck.. we all slow down to see what’s happening, we can’t help ourselves.  This was what this story was to me – once I started I had to finish it to see what would happen, despite the fact that I wasn’t enjoying it.  Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed Kimberla’s style of writing.  For me, I think it was the topic and characters that didn’t do it for me.  I found Charlotte very hard to connect with.

Would I recommend this book?  If you enjoyed the rest of the Rev. Black series, you’ll probably enjoy this one.   Will I read more by this author?  Yes, even though I didn’t enjoy this book, I liked her writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.