Thursday, January 17, 2013

Book Tour: Melting the Millionaire’s Heart by Linda Morris

Today I have special guest – Linda Morris!

Her new release from Entangled:

Special-needs teacher Kayla Johnston writes off any shot at New Year's Eve romance when she's summoned to a fundraising event for her school at the remote estate of a wealthy would-be-donor. But when a massive snowstorm hits and Kayla careens off the road, the sexy stranger who rescues her brings to mind cozy fireplaces and steamy midnight kisses…among other things.

Reclusive entrepreneur Ryan Langford may be missing his own fundraiser, but being marooned in a cabin with Kayla beats ducking a room full of people after his money any day. Too bad she's so irritated with the gazillionaire who ruined her New Year's Eve that he feels like he has to lie about his identity. But when the sparks fly and they fall into each other's arms, Ryan knows he's made a big mistake. Will she be able to trust him once the snow melts and the truth comes out?

10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Linda

Thanks for having me at Stitch Read Cook, Aislynn. Two of those things, I'm good at. The stitching, not so much. I have some bad memories of Home Ec that traumatized me and put me off of sewing forever. (Shudders.) Anyway, in no particular order, here are ten things that most people don't know about me:

  • Besides romance and Victorian novels, I also love crime/mystery novels by Elmore Leonard and Carl Hiassen.
  • I have a bit of a Target shopping addiction. I might need a 12-step program to overcome my shoe-buying habit.
  • I'm a pretty good cook, but everyday cooking kind of bores me. I like cooking for special occasions and baking, but I don't really enjoy making your average weeknight meat-and-potatoes dinner.
  • I don't really watch TV except for news and Colts games, so all the Twitter conversations about "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Voice" go right over my head.
  • I used to work at an airline, but I am horribly afraid of flying. In fact, I haven't been on a plane in almost 15 years. (This isn't because I witnessed something horrible at the airline. I was a weenie about flying even before I went to work there. I actually got better about it while I worked there because I flew frequently, but my bravery wore off after I quit and stopped flying.)
  • After years of holding out on the cell phone thing, I finally got a smartphone, which I use mostly for Twitter and email. I use it so seldom as a phone that I almost never remember the number!
  • Although I write mostly contemporary, I prefer reading historical romance.
  • I like offbeat and quirky stories much more than I like the latest bestseller that everyone's raving about.
  • I'm an editor of non-fiction books in my day job.
  • If I had to be something besides a writer or editor (horrors!), I'd probably be a baker.

Now you know ten things about me that even my mom doesn't know. Okay, she knows about my day job, but probably not the rest. Thanks for having me, Aislynn!

Linda Morris is a multipublished writer of contemporary and historical romance. She writes stories with heart and heat. Her latest book, By Hook or By Crook, will be coming in spring of 2013 from the Wild Rose Press.

When she’s not writing, working, or mommying, she’s doing yoga, reading, working in her flower garden, or baking delicious things she probably shouldn’t eat. She believes that there are two kinds of people: pie people and cake people, and she is definitely one of the former. Her years of Cubs fandom prove she has a soft spot for a lost cause. A beat-up old copy of Kathleen Woodiwiss’s Ashes in the Wind that her mom bought for her at a garage sale years ago was her gateway drug into the world of romance novels. Her all-time favorite romance writers include Laura Kinsale, Patricia Gaffney, Elizabeth Delancey, and Marjorie Ferrell. Current favorites include Julie Anne Long, Erin McCarthy, and Shannon McKenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.