Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Changes & 2013 Resolutions

Over the last few days I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to accomplish this year on the blog.  Do I want to change the format?  Do I want to re-vamp?  What new elements do I want to incorporate?  Here’s what I’ve come up with so far.

A Day in the Life of.. has been awesome for the last year and a half  - and don’t worry it’s going to continue!  I have some amazing authors lined up for 2013 already!

New elements I am planning:

- Recipe of the Week – featured every Friday.  This is a way for me to start experimenting with the new cookbooks I was given over the holidays and to dig through the piles I already have!  I’m looking forward to some really tasty food in the coming months!

- Craft of the Month – I love to craft, whether it’s knitting, sewing or crochet; I love it all!  My plan is to pick a project at the start of each month and show the complete project by the end of the month!  It’s ambitious I know, but it should be fun!

New Blog Schedule:

Monday – Blog Tours
Tuesday – Review
Wednesday – A Day in the Life of..
Thursday – Review
Friday – Recipe of the Week
Saturday – Review
Sunday – Nothing!

This is tentative, and could potentially change, but it’s a start!

Make sure to check out the Coming Soon tab – some fellow bloggers and I have some amazing events planned for 2013 so far and more to come!

Now for the RESOLUTIONS!

1 – Buy less books.  - my TBR pile is ENORMOUS!  I am not going to buy any new books this year (at least that’s the plan!)  Until I’ve tackled some of the books on my lists.

2 – Read what I love.  - Part way through 2012, I made some policy changes.  I decided to not review or read YA anymore.  I felt I was losing the genres that I love and not getting requests for them anymore.  I’m really happy with the direction the blog is going and I want to stick with what works.

3 – Cook/Bake more! – I LOVE to cook and bake.  And I know my hubby loves it!  Which is why I introduced a new Friday feature to encourage more creativity in the kitchen!

4 – Expand my genre base.  - Now I know that doesn’t quite fit with #2, but I do want to expand my subgenre reading within the genres I read/review. 

5 – Worry less.  - This goes both for the blog and my personal life!

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas. I love that you are going back to the genres you love so much. And I look forward to your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to all the cooking and baking that goes along with my new feature.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Expanding a book blog to include features that are not book related is tricky and not everyone digs it, but it's YOUR blog so you reserve the right to do what works for YOU :)

    I like your resolutions, too!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isa! I want to also review the cookbooks that I pull the recipes from! And maybe the craft books! I've done some in the past and really enjoyed it.

      Delete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.