Welcome to Romance Week!
Today I have the wonderful Carolyn Brown and Chrystal @ Snowdrop Dreams of Books has the equally amazing Beth Fantaskey!
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author and
RITA® Finalist, Carolyn Brown, has published more than sixty books.
Brown's books have been translated into eleven foreign languages and fourteen have been reprinted in large print format. Her books have been reviewed in Library Journal, Booklist, Romantic Times, Romance Reviews Today, Publisher's Weekly, Cataromance, USA Today and Romance Reader At Heart. Two of her romances have been published as Japanese Manga books.
She and her husband have three grown children, enough grandchildren to keep them young and two tom cats that rule the back yard.
Hello Carolyn! Thank you so much for participating in our 3rd annual Romance Week!
Thank you for inviting me to drop by today. I'm so excited to be a part of your annual Romance Week celebration!
- What drew you to writing Romance to begin with?
Emotion, pure and simple. If a book touches my emotions, be it laughter, tears or anger or a great big sigh at the end, then as a reader I went back for more. As a writer, I want to touch my reader's emotions. I want them to feel what my characters feel and relate to them in a way that brings them back for the next book.
- If you could hop into any romance novel, what would it be?
Oh, I would just love to do a time travel back into Gone With the Wind. Not for long. I do enjoy A/C and indoor plumbing too much to stay.
- What is a typical “day” in your writing life?
One thousand words before breakfast gets me a good foundation for the day. Then it's about two thousand words before lunch and another two to three before I call it a day. Five thousand is a good day. Any thing more is a big, big bonus.
- Which 5 authors (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner?
Margaret Mitchell, O'Henry, Leon Uris, Nora Roberts and Carl Hiaason. Now wouldn't that make for some interesting conversation?
- What are you writing at the moment? Can you give us a sneak peek into your current WIP?
I'm working on The Red Hot Chili Cook-Off, the sequel to The Blue Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee, which is my first women's fiction coming out in March. The Red Hot Chili Cook-Off will probably see publication in the spring of 2014. Welcome to Cadillac, Texas, where the gossip is free and far more accurate than DNA! After that I'll be working on another hot cowboy book, The Cowboy's Runaway Bride, the fourth in the brand new Cowboys & Brides series that kicks off in June with Billion Dollar Cowboy.
Quick & Easy:
1. Book or E-book? I'm an old dinosaur who still loves the feel of a real book! I do use the E-reader and like it when I'm traveling but my bookcases can testify to my love for books.
2. Day or Night? Night...quiet, no ringing phones, nothing to disturb me.
3. Coffee or Tea? Coffee for sure. Black, strong enough to stand a spoon up in the middle.
4. Plotter or Panster? Neither. I start out as a plotter but my characters hijack the book and we go on amazing adventures that turn out wonderful.
5. Dark or Milk Chocolate? There is no wrong kind of chocolate, darlin'!
6. Outlaw or Hero? Outlaw...in cowboy boots, a black hat and tight fittin' jeans.
7. Laptop or Desktop? Laptop.
8. Love at first sight or Second chances? Either one as long as there is a HEA!
9. Angel or Demon? Angel, please!
10. Reality or Fiction? Fiction
11. Author’s Choice - what do you want to ask the readers? Why do you read romance and what's your favorite genre?
Only lucky commenter is going to win a copy of Carolyn’s newest release
JUST A COWBOY AND HIS BABY (Spikes & Spurs #6)
Must be 18 yrs or older
One determined, hell-on-wheels cowgirl. One equally determined, sexier-than-hell cowboy. One innocent baby, who suddenly takes center stage and everybody's priorities are suddenly up for grabs.
With a young baby dropped in his lap, bronc rider Trace Coleman's world is turned upside down. Suddenly, Gemma O'Donnell, his stiffest competition on the rodeo scene, is now the one person who can help him. She's already resisting his sexy smile and even sexier swagger, but she can't resist a baby. When it comes down to it, only one can win, but is winning more important than love and family?
Open INTERNATIONALLY!a Rafflecopter giveaway