Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Day in the Life of… Roni Loren

DayIntheLife3_thumb2
Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!

A Day in the Life of.....

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favorite authors!

--------------------

RoniLorenAuthorPhotoSmall

Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. Though she’ll forever be a New Orleans girl at heart, she now lives in Dallas with her husband and son.

If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her reading, watching reality television, or indulging in her unhealthy addiction to rockstars, er, rock concerts. Yeah, that's it. She is the National Bestselling Author of The Loving on the Edge series from Berkley Heat.
Website:
www.roniloren.com

A Day in the Life of… Roni Loren

First, I’d like to thank Aislynn for inviting me over to the blog. What a fun concept to do a Day In The Life!

So, hmm, where do I start? I wish I could say I was doing all this cool on location research and hanging out with celebrities and romance cover models to get hero inspiration, but, of course, it’s much more mundane than that. : )

So why don’t we talk essentials? Here is the magic formula for my writing day:

clip_image002

No shoes allowed - Because what is the point of having a work from home job if you can’t skip shoes (and makeup)? I do manage to get out of my pyjamas each morning, but I’m not giving in on the shoes.

clip_image004

A big ol’ Iced Tea (or Chai Tea if it’s winter) because I don’t drink coffee and caffeine is the lifeblood of my writing.

Music/Playlists – I know a lot of people need to write in silence, but that can drive me nuts. So I have different playlists for different kinds of scenes. You can check out some of them on my website, but I have playlists called The Sexy Stuff, The Romantic Stuff, Character Anthems, etc. that I use. Or I just play a mix of it all, which, for me, could mean anything from 80s hair bands to old school country to Broadway to hard rock/metal. I’m kind of all over the place with music.

clip_image006

My office – I can write anywhere if I have to. For my first book, I had no childcare for my son, so I wrote erotic romance while on the couch with Barney playing in the background, lol. But now I have a dedicated office, and I find I’m much more productive when I do my writing in there. It has soft lighting, is comfortable, and is away from distractions like the TV. Though, during deadline (like right now) it’s messy, as you can see.

clip_image008

Daycare/School for the kidlet – I’m really lucky in that my kidlet (age 5) goes to preschool half a day. Finding writing time used to be a lot tougher, but now I get four dedicated hours to work and I guard those hours like the Hope Diamond.

A big stack of notebooks – I’m not one to hand write books. I know writers who are and am kind of amazed by that. But I do prefer to plot and write notes on paper. So I have a bad habit of collecting notebooks and half filling them.

Visual Inspiration (aka Photos of Hot Men) – I may not be hanging around these guys in real life, but nothing can get me unstuck from writer’s block faster than looking at inspiration pics for my hero. I usually leave at least one pic open on my desktop for just that reason. (For NOT UNTIL YOU, I kept this photo of Ian Somerhalder open at all times since it was inspiration for Foster. Don’t I have a tough job?)

And that’s it. Once I have those things in place, I spend my four, sans kidlet hours working on my current book (and checking Twitter incessantly.)

So if you’d like to see what I’m writing, here’s a bit about my latest, NOT UNTIL YOU, an 8-part erotic romance serial novel:

clip_image010

NOT UNTIL YOU DARE

Not Until You: Part I

From the author of the Loving on the Edge novels comes a story of a good girl who discovers that once you dare to cross some lines, it’s hard to turn back…

On the night of her graduation, innocent veterinary student Cela decides to play a game of Never Have I Ever with the two hot neighbors she’s been quietly crushing on for the last year. Always the prim and proper student, Cela thinks she’s earned a wild night before she has to move back home under the watchful gaze of her family. But what starts out as a simple game is about to take a very sensual turn...

Ian Foster is tired of playing games. With his membership to The Ranch, an exclusive BDSM resort, and a musician roommate who brings home groupies with a taste for ménage, Foster has a life most guys would kill for. But lately, his need for dominance is no longer satisfied via one-night stands. He craves the full surrender a woman—a submissive of his own.

But when his quiet, sweet-as-sugar neighbor shows up at their door with a bottle of tequila and an invitation, Foster decides he and Pike may have time for one more fling…

Read the first three chapters on Goodreads and find out more about the entire serial here.

GIVEAWAY: Also, I’m giving away one copy of Part 1 today to a lucky commenter!
(U.S./Canada/UK only).  Don’t forget to leave your email address!! “emailaddress (at) gmail (dot) com”

So you tell me, what is your must have in your day?

5 comments:

  1. For better or worse, I need my chocolate fix in the afternoon daily! :) And books of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog. Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need my tea in the morning.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee!!! Thanks for the fun post! I'm in awe of anyone who can write, let alone w/ a family/kidlets runnig around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.