THE DUKE'S DESIRE
Simon Hawkins, duke of Trent, is no stranger to scandal. Rumors and innuendo have darkened the House of Trent for decades, and it has fallen to Simon to restore his tattered family name. He lives by a strict code of honor, but when he is called home to investigate his mother's disappearance, the distinguished duke will tangle with temptation. For there waits the only woman he has ever loved--and the last woman he should desire...
Sarah Osborne has spent her life dreaming of Simon's touch. But dukes do not long for lady's maids--or so Sarah believes, until a stolen kiss sparks a passion that could be her ultimate undoing. As the couple begins a forbidden romance, a cunning enemy plots to destroy the duke and everything he loves. Now, caught in a blackmailer's web, Simon faces an agonizing choice: sacrifice his family's future or break Sarah's heart.
Fun Facts for THE DUCHESS HUNT
1) The Duchess Hunt is the first book in a brand-new series about the scandalous Trent family. These six siblings have a lot of work to do to make up for all the gossip and drama their parents caused!
2) The characters in The Duchess Hunt spend a lot of time in the Cotswolds in England at their country estate, Ironwood Park. I modeled Ironwood Park after an actual house in England, Houghton Hall, and I’ve posted some of the images of it that have inspired me over on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jenniferhaymore/the-duke-s-house/
3) A mystery threads through the three novels in the series, The Duchess Hunt, The Rogue’s Proposal, and The Scoundrel’s Seduction. As I’ve written the books, I’ve loved how the mystery brings this family together, and as I sit here finishing writing book 3, I’m so excited that the mystery is about to be solved!
4) The original concept for The Duchess Hunt was inspired by Les Miserables. From the first time I saw that musical years ago, I wished Eponine had won Marius’s heart. The poor girl loved that man from afar for so many years! So in The Duchess Hunt, Sarah is my Eponine and Simon is my Marius…I guess I just always root for the underdog…
5) I love writing about dukes. The way I write about them, one would think dukes are a dime a dozen in England. This is definitely not the case! But there are so many gorgeous, unmarried dukes in my imagination, and I’m glad that I am able to share the amazing, honorable, handsome, and heroic Simon, The Duke of Trent, with all of you in The Duchess Hunt.
Jennifer Haymore grew up in California and on the Big Island of Hawaii. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from UC Berkeley and a master’s degree in Education from UCLA. Before she became a full-time writer she held various jobs from bookselling to teaching inner-city children to playing bit roles in soap operas.
You can find Jennifer in Southern California trying to talk her husband into yet another trip to England, helping her three children with homework while brainstorming a new five-minute dinner menu, or crouched in a corner of the local bookstore writing her next novel.
WILL A RAKE'S WICKED WAYS
Andrew Carrington, Earl of Bellingham, believes in being a gentleman, whether it's fishing a soggy stranger out of the Thames or assisting a fetching lady into his bed. If the stranger becomes a friend and the lady a mistress, all the better. He certainly welcomes the opportunity to help Laura Davenport, a dazzling young widow with a rebellious stepson. Her gratitude, he hopes, will take an amorous form. But from the moment he sets foot in her drawing room, he gets far more than he bargained for ...
LEAD THE LADY ASTRAY?
It was a moment of desperation. On the brink of losing her stepson, Laura turned to the notorious Lord Bellingham for help. Suddenly she, a vicar's daughter, is in the precarious position of resisting his tantalizing advances. How Bell earned his wicked reputation is clear; the surprise is how much more there is to him than the gossip sheets could possibly reveal. Now every moment with this dangerously desirable man puts Laura's good name at risk-and promises pleasure unlike any she has ever known ...
Fun Facts for WHAT A WICKED EARL WANTS
1) Andrew Carrington, the Earl of Bellingham is modeled after Ian Somerhalder who stars as Damon Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries.
2) Laura Davenport is modeled after Rachel McAdams who starred in The Notebook.
3) I've been to London several times, and Spencer House, built by one of the ancestor's of Princess Diana, is one of my favorite places. You can see a few photos of the state rooms here: http://www.spencerhouse.co.uk/
4) What a Wicked Earl Wants entailed some interesting research including Regency era fencing, flasks, laws of guardianship, Regency window treatments, paintings, and sketchbooks.
5) Readers will notice I mention tall lamps outdoors that burn animal fat for light; I learned about this a few years ago during a guided walking tour of the West End of London.
Vicky Dreiling is a confirmed historical romance junkie and Anglophile. Frequent business trips to the UK allowed her to indulge her passion for all things Regency England. Bath, Stonehenge, and Spencer House are among her favorite places. She is, however, truly sorry for accidentally setting off a security alarm in Windsor Castle. That unfortunate incident led her British colleagues to nickname her “Trouble.”
When she’s not writing, Vicky enjoys reading, films, concerts, and most of all, long lunches with friends. She holds degrees in English literature and marketing. A native Texan, she shares her home with her daughter and a spoiled mini-lop rabbit that lives in a slightly gnawed cardboard cottage.
Open to US residents only. No PO Boxes please. Must be 18 or older.a Rafflecopter giveaway