Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book Tour: Rajasthani Moon by Lisabet Sarai

ET Rajasthani Moon Banner

AuthorPic

I became addicted to words at an early age. I began reading when I was four. I wrote my first story at five years old and my first poem at seven. Since then, I've written plays, tutorials, scholarly articles, marketing brochures, software specifications, self-help books, press releases, a five-hundred page dissertation, and of course, lots of erotica and erotic romance – nearly fifty books and counting!

In addition to writing, I also edit erotica and erotic romance. My editing credits include the ground breaking anthology Sacred Exchange, which explores the spiritual aspects of BDSM relationships, the massive collection Cream: The Best of the Erotica Readers and Writers Association, the charity anthology Coming Together: In Vein, a collection of vampire tales that benefits Doctors Without Borders, and six volumes of the Coming Together: Presents series of single author charitable erotica books. You'll also find me writing the newsletter and occasional articles for the Erotica Readers and Writers Association (www.erotica-readers.com) and monthly reviews for Erotica Revealed (www.eroticarevealed.com).

I've always loved traveling; my husband seduced me in a Burmese restaurant by telling me tales of his foreign adventures. Since then I have visited every continent except Australia, although I still have a long travel wish list. Currently I live with him and our two exceptional felines in Southeast Asia, where I pursue an alternative career that is completely unrelated to my creative writing.

For more information about me and my writing, visit my website (http://www.lisabetsarai.com) or my blog Beyond Romance (http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com)

Lisabet's Fantasy Factory (website) http://www.lisabetsarai.com
Beyond Romance (blog): http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com
Lisabet's List (Yahoo group): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lisabets_list
Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/lisabetsarai
Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/83387.Lisabet_Sarai

Neither kink nor curse can stop a woman with a mission.

Cecily Harrowsmith, secret agent extraordinaire, is a woman on a mission. When the remote Indian kingdom of Rajasthan refused to remit its taxes to the Empire, Her Majesty imposed an embargo. Deprived of the energy-rich mineral viridium, essential for modern technology and development, Rajasthan was expected to quickly give in and resume its payments. Yet after three years, the rebellious principality still has not knuckled under. Cecily undertakes the difficult journey to the rugged, arid land of the Rajputs to determine just how it has managed to survive, and if possible to convince the country to return to the Empire's embrace. Instead, she's taken captive by a brigand who turns out to be the ruler's half-brother Pratan and delivered into the hands of the sexy but sadistic Rajah Amir, who expertly mingles torture and delight in his interrogation of the voluptuous interloper.

Cursed before birth by Amir's jealous mother, Pratan changes to a ravening wolf whenever the moon is full. Cecily uncovers the counter-spell that can reverse the effects of the former queen's hex and tries to trade that information for her freedom. Drawn to the fierce wolf-man and sympathising with his suffering, she volunteers to serve as the sacrifice required by the ritual – offering her body to the beast. In return, the Rajah reveal Rajasthan's amazing secret source of energy. In the face of almost impossible odds, Cecily has accomplished the task entrusted to her by the Empire. But can she really bear to leave the virile half-brothers and their colourful land behind and return to constraints of her life in England?

Excerpt:

“Ah—uh…” Choked sounds emanated from Pratan’s throat as he regained his senses.

“What…?” He sprang to his feet, and whirled around, taking in the scene. “By Shiva’s trident!” His eyes whipped from Cecily to Sarita and back to Cecily. “You’re covered with blood. Oh, damn it all, what have I done?”

“I’m not hurt, Pratan—at least not badly…” Cecily began.

“But you killed Bhuni,” Sarita continued. “That’s her blood, on your body and on Cecily’s.”

“Oh, no—no!”

“I think she tried to stop you. You were headed to Cecily’s room…”

“What? Why? Why is this all happening? Why did I change? This is the third night in a row…” The prince paced and tugged at his hair as though he’d pull it out by the roots. “I can’t stand any more of this! I’ll kill myself!”

Cecily levered herself out of bed, trying to ignore the complaints of her over-taxed joints and muscles. Grabbing him as he passed, she pulled him around to face her. She stifled the urge to kiss him, settling for a sisterly pat on the shoulder. “Hush, Pratan. Don’t say that. You couldn’t help yourself. Calm down and let’s think this through.”

“Stay away from me, Cecily. I might turn again.” His voice was laced with panic.

“Sarita has her blade. I’m not worried.”

He raked his gaze over her blood-spattered body. She recalled the fiery void of the beast’s eyes and shuddered. “You’re really not injured?”

“You—you mounted me.” Cecily discovered she was blushing. “The wolf is enormous, much bigger than you… I mean, you have a fine cock, but…Anyway, it was rather rough. But I seemed to have survived.”

He sank into a chair, his legs sprawled in front of him. Cecily noticed that the organ in question was half-erect, perhaps as a result of their discussion topic.

“But I didn’t try to murder you, to rip your throat open?”

“That’s what you did to Bhuni,” Sarita interjected.

“But not me. You seem more interested in sex than in anything else…”

Pratan’s cock had swelled further. Gingerly, Cecily seated herself on the edge of the bed. She forced herself to focus on Pratan’s face. He looked serious, thoughtful, disturbed. Wounded. Beautiful.

“Perhaps, Cecily,” he said finally, “you are my mate.”

“What?” Sarita and Cecily cried in unison.

“What kind of nonsense are you talking?” Cecily fidgeted on the mattress, trying to find a more comfortable position for her aching limbs. She did not at all like the turn the conversation had taken.

“I’ve studied the legends and shifter lore, seeking a solution to my own dilemma, as well as the ways of natural wolves. All sources agree that the pair bond is of paramount importance to the wolf pack. Barring death or accidents that affect one member of a pair, wolves mate for life. The arcana dealing with wolf-shifters claim we have the same behaviour.”

“But I’m not a shifter.”

“You might become one. Some people say that a werewolf’s bite will have that effect.”

“But—you didn’t try to bite me. Apparently, you just wanted to fuck me…”

Pratan sighed and rubbed his temples. “I don’t know. Perhaps it is all nonsense, as you say. But you can’t deny, since I’ve met you, my—problem—has become much more severe.”

“I’m sorry, Pratan…”

“It’s not your fault. I mean, perhaps you are the causal agent, but I understand that it’s not intentional.”

“Certainly not.” Cecily sniffed, oddly relieved.

“Forget I even mentioned this stuff about mating. It’s merely a theory.” With another heart-rending sigh, he struggled to his feet, awkward and stiff. He seemed to have aged by decades. “In any case, I must leave as soon as possible. Get back to the mountains where I can’t do so much damage…”

A heaviness settled in Cecily’s chest. I don’t want him to go, she realised. Regardless of how dangerous he might be.

GIVEAWAY

Lisabet will be awarding an E-Book from her back list to a randomly drawn commenter at each stop, plus a grand prize of a $50 GC to Amazon, B&N or AllRomanceEbooks (winner's choice) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. To be eligible, commenters MUST include their email addresses in their comments.

For a list of all tour stops – click HERE.

This tour has been brought to you by:

clip_image002

19 comments:

  1. Pratan does sound dangerous, but also rather delicious.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another "not suitable for work" excerpt. Too Late! LOL. That Cecily is quite a gal. She can take a lot of "punishment," can't she?
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the concept of a female secret agent! :) Wonderful excerpt!

    maybe31 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting excerpt. I love this story line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked all the interesting and exciting excerpts in your tour that build on each other. I get to know your characters better and want to keep reading about them.

    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to see the story progress on the tour!

    Trix, vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the excerpt

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The couple always resist each other!
    I am loving these excerpts!!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh la la, someone's going to have some convincing to do. Looking forward to the next excerpt =)

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love piecing all the little bits together throughout the tour! Thank you for posting! wendynjason04 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Lisabet on the new release! this sounds awesome!!! Thanks for posting!

    efender1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for the late post. I’m playing catch-up here so I’m just popping in to say HI and sorry I missed visiting with you on party day! Hope you all had a good time!
    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, you actually look a bit like the cover model! Totally beautiful :)

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW that was an awesome excerpt, this book has Everything Lisabet!!! Fantastic!!!!
    Take Care & Stay Naughty,
    PaParanormalFan (Renee)
    paranormalromancefan at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, everyone! I'm sorry to be so late dropping in to thank you all. I'm really glad you're enjoying the tour as much as I have been.

    A big thank you to you, Aislynn, for hosting me! Your blog is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the excerpt :)

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing

    flubber2kool@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The heroine is smart and calm, cool and collected. I need to know more. jepebATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.