Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Day in the Life of… Annie Rose Welch

DayIntheLife3_thumb2

Welcome to Stitch Read Cook's weekly feature!!


A Day in the Life of.....

This is where us bloggers & fans get a glimpse inside the days of our favourite authors!

--------------------

clip_image002

Born and raised in New Orleans, Annie has a habit of shortening her words and telling long stories. She speaks with a southern flair and cooks with it too. At the tender age of twenty- one, she hitched up her wagons (took her first plane ride) and moved out west to the big shake (California). Her writing career began one sleepless night when she imagined a gorgeous woman and a man with maniacal hair floating above her like lightening bugs falling from the sky. Curious about them, their story, and why they were floating around in her head, she sat down and penned (typed) her first novel, Marigny Street. A dream come true for her, she hasn't stopped writing since. She loves a damn good love story, always has, no matter what the genre. She is particularly moved by imperfect love that in its own unique way is perfect, the notion of love at first sight, soul mates, and things that are generally out of the norm.

When she's not writing she enjoys dabbling in photography and finding new, inspirational music to add to her collection. She currently (still) resides in the big shake (although her southern roots are calling her home) with her husband, daughter, and their two peculiar dogs, Boudreaux and Tabasco (who, call her crazy, bark with an accent).

For lagniappe (a little extra), a virtual cup of café au lait and beignets, please visit Annie's website:
www.annierosewelch.com

She can also be found on Facebook & Twitter.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAnnieRoseWelch
Twitter: https://twitter.com/angelwriter11
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7159582.Annie_Rose_Welch
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Annie-Rose-Welch/e/B00DQSYDTM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

A Day in the Life of…

When I first found out what A Day in the Life was all about, I was hesitant to commit. What would I write about? What would I post about my days? What is so interesting about my days? I’m a mother, wife/ author. All of my time is dedicated to taking care of my family, writing, editing, and promoting my books.

I am a pretty boring soul.

(And documenting my day just proved that. I’m not going to lie.)

But the more I thought about it, the more excited I became about sharing my day. Even though my life is on the boring side, it is perfect for me. Each night that I rest my head on the pillow, I am fulfilled by my days. I am beyond happy taking care of my family. I am beyond happy staying up until the wee hours of the morning writing new stories, editing first, second, and third drafts. All of the rushing around, trying to find time to post on Facebook, and the other various social networking sites. And let’s be honest here, there are tons! All these things make up my life.

Yes, my life is just as chaotic as the next persons. And yes, it may seem boring to some people. But this is my life, and I love that I’m here to share it with ya’ll. I’m so thankful that I was able to do this during a time when I’m waiting on releasing another book in my Saving Angels series, and I’m working on edits for another book in the series, because if not, I wouldn’t have had the time.

This is my day when edits are not in full fledge mode, or I’m not writing something new—because then I become consumed and I rarely leave the house. I’m a notch duller, except for the party going on inside of my head.

I decided to document my time through pictures. Even though words are my medium, I wanted to go beyond that. It’s been said that pictures are worth a thousand words. I’m not sure if they’re worth that many, but I think they come close.

Here is A Day in the Life—my life!

Ask anyone that knows me well. I’m not a morning person. I am a night owl. Born to stay awake with all the nocturnal creatures that scurry around in the night. I’m a night writer. If I am writing a new story, you’ll always find me hovering around my computer during the wee hours, clacking away, racing against the clock to get in that last word, just before the sun comes up.

But there are times I love waking up with the dawn.

The last two days, while anxiously waiting on my formatting genius to get my (soon-to-be- released) story back to me, I’ve enjoyed sleep. Which can be a rarity for me. And this morning I rose with the sun, a big smile on my face. And this was my “welcome to the new day” picture. There’s something gorgeous about seeing the moon during the morning hours, don’t you think?

Aday1

My daughter is homeschooled, so before she wakes in the morning I like to make a cup of coffee, organize our day, and then get her ready for her day. This is, usually, the only time our day is “planned.” I write the same way I live—by the seat of my pants. But the world almost seems black and white until that first, hot sip of liquid love.

Aday2

In between my daughter’s lessons, I try to sneak in some computer time. I check my emails (if I haven’t on my phone yet!), do a little Facebook’ing, and any other “promotional” thing I can do in between. I sometimes feel like I have alter egos. One for the author gig, the other for my family!

Aday3

We try to get outside as much as possible. I’m so thankful that the weather has been warm lately. I’m a southern girl. I was born and raised in New Orleans. The lower temperatures here in Northern California sometimes don’t agree with me. Or maybe I don’t agree with them. But these past couple of weeks we’ve been having a warm spell that I’m extremely thankful for.

aday4  aday5

aday6

aday7  aday8

Our evenings are usually quiet. We try to “plan” ahead for meals, but some days you just have to throw caution to the wind and see what you feel like eating that day! We like to take long drives, finding new places to discover. I love photography, and antiques, and music—those things go together like red beans and rice. So, anytime we can hop in the car, take a long drive, the music loud, the windows rolled down, and we have beautiful scenery to appreciate, or new places to shop, that’s my kind of heaven.

As you can see, I love to walk barefoot. There’s just something about the feel of the earth beneath your feet.

aday9

And now we’re at the end of my day. Eight stops and the sun has set, the stars (and sometimes moon) are out, and I’m saying goodbye to another day. Days move by too quickly sometimes. I never feel like there are enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.

aday10

Which brings me to my last picture—my writing. Lotus Blossom Lane will be released soon (May 11th). This is the time, when the house is sleeping and not a thing is stirring, I get most of my writing done. I plug my ears with music and allow the story to carry me wherever it pleases. No interpretations. It’s just my characters and me creating their stories.

aday11

So, that concludes A Day in the Life of—me! Thank you so much for having me! I enjoyed sharing my day with ya’ll.

aday12

Do you believe in the power of dreams?

Way down south on Marigny Street in the heart of New Orleans, the land of Catholic intercessions, purgatory, and supernatural superstitions, young Evangeline Chenier dreams of a radiant boy who saves her from a storm. She takes the dream seriously – in her family, dreams are sometimes more than dreams. Sometimes they foretell the future. Sometimes they create it.

Years later, Eva is no longer the same wistful girl but a hardened woman who no longer believes in dreams. Losing faith in her gift, she becomes lost in a nightmare of emotion, mourning her son, separating from her husband, and stewing in a dead-end job. And then fate brings her an unlikely surprise: one of the most famous movie stars in the world, Gabriel Roberts.

Caught by something in his eyes, Eva agrees to show him the real Big Easy on his last night in New Orleans—an evening that turns into four dreamy days spent recapturing lost faith and discovering a love neither expected. Realizing Gabriel is the boy from her childhood dream, Eva must leave everything behind—her husband, her family, her history, and the beautiful city she calls home—and gamble it all for the dream that has saved her on MARIGNY STREET.

clip_image002Excerpt

I shook my head. “Tell me, Gabriel, what are your dreams about?”

“Nothing. I never dream.” He shrugged.

“Never?”

“I’ve never once in my life had a dream. And I never look in a mirror – or I try my hardest not to anyway.”

“Why?” How could you never dream? Or look in a mirror?

He sighed. “I believe the only things in this life that can truly show your reflection are the things you love the most in this world. And I don’t love myself enough to want to look in the mirror.” He laughed. “But when I look at you I can see myself perfectly. And even though I never dream, I do pray. Do you want to know what I prayed for before I met you?”

I nodded.

“I prayed for an angel – to save me. I asked for a little help from up above, and now you’re here. You are cake and ice cream; sugar and spice, and everything nice. And when you smile, you make me feel the way the world looks when the sun shines through a foggy day.”

All I could do was smile.

clip_image004

Enter to win a signed copy!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free zone. The gesture is appreciated, but you stopping by is reward enough!

I love comments! I will try to respond to as many as I can.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.